PIP - paper based review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - paper based review

JonnycJonny
JonnycJonny Scope Member Posts: 103 Courageous
Are review decisions ever made solely on the paper work ( the review form and additional relevant evidence ) without a telephone call ? If so, in what instances ? Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Paper based assessments are rare and always have been but it's possible to have one, if there's enough evidence to complete the assessment without a telephone call.

My daughters last review for PIP was paper based. I have her review forms here for her next one, which i'm hoping is paper based as i have enough evidence that proves beyond doubt that she still qualifies for Enhanced for both parts. We've had other members too that have had paper based assessments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

Sometimes they do a paper based review but not in many cases if they have all info and evidence they need it is possible 

My last review was paper based I just got a call from dm to ask few questions and they made on spot decision to increase my award and for 5 years so it is possible 

Most cases do however have a phone assessment 

To have chance if paper based fill in form with as much detail as you can 

I do have physical disability that will never change as well as partially sighted 
  • JonnycJonny
    Thank you for your thoughts - I have the enhanced rate for daily living only - no points awarded for mobility as I have an upper limb disability.

From you what say I should ready myself for a call - will this be scheduled or out of the blue ? I originally had a home visit  as part of my initial application for PIP.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    If you have a phone assessment you will be notified of date and time either by letter or text 

It can take a while to get an assessment depends on backlog in your area 
  • JonnycJonny
    Thank you. Best wishes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    They should give you at oleast 7 days notice of a telephone assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JonnycJonny
    That's good to know. Thank you
  • Sabbath1
    Sabbath1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sabbath1 and welcome to the community. Everything okay?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.