Unsubscribing to a Thread — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unsubscribing to a Thread

Options
csno01
csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
Hi Guys, 

Quick question: how do I unsubscribe to a message / thread please? My inbox is getting a little overwhelmed. 

Thank you,
CSno01

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t know for sure but do you press the little star next to the thread title to toggle your subscription to a thread?

If you are subscribed it would be purple, if not it’s a gold outline.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hi @csno01

No problem, it can quickly become overwhelming!  To manage your notifications:

1) Click on the cog under your username, in the top right-hand side of your screen.
    2) Select edit profile from the drop down list.
    3) Select notification preferences from the menu on the right hand side.
    4) Select and deselect what you want to receive.
    5) Save your preferences at the bottom of the screen.

I hope that helps.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @csno01

Sorry to hear your inbox is becoming a bit jammed! As mentioned above, you simply just navigate to your notification preferences to edit what you receive.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi all 

I know how to change what I see but I think this person and myself as well just want to stop seeing posts on a particular thread eg one you have commented on in the past but you dont want to keep constantly getting emails as each person comments 

Can you just stop the emails for a single thread 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @janer1967 that’s the way I read the question as well. My response is based on that although I don’t know if it’s the correct answer.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can also go into your settings and turn off notifications for everything you don't want. This is what i've done, otherwise my inbox would be spammed with emails.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @66Mustang all mine are gold if I press the star it goes purple is this how to stop getting notifications for that thread 

@poppy123456 I know how yo change notifications but we are trying to work out how yo stop getting them just for one thread eg you may have commented on one of the games but no longer want to see all the other comments? 
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    I am having this problem. I am receiving emails from two threads that are filling up my inbox. I would like to unsubscribe from these two threads, but not for threads I am interested in.
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Steve_in_The_City

Hopefully one of the moderators might be able to help you on this one .haven’t the steps above worked?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @Steve_in_The_City Unfortunately, the option to unsubscribe from particular threads isn't available on the community at this time. I appreciate how frustrating that is, apologies.

A possible work around would be to 'bookmark' the threads you want to get notifications for and change your notification preferences to get updates for only these, de-selecting any ticks in other columns as relevant.

To bookmark a thread, click on the small tab icon that sits at the top, right hand side of the thread.

Please let me know if any of the above doesn't make sense 
    :D 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• Steve_in_The_City
    Options
    @Cher_Scope @csno01 Thank you for your quick response. As usual, I wasn't quite grasping everything! I have changed my preferences to "notify me when people comment on my discussions." I take it these are discussions I have started and not just participated in?
    "Notify me when people comment on bookmarked discussions". I understand that, and will in future bookmark discussions I am interested in.
    "Notify me when people mention me" & "notify me of private messages." I understand.
    Thank you for your advice. I expect to find a less cluttered in-box!

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I believe so @Steve_in_The_City, as there's a separate option for 'Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.' :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. I've got it sorted now and have a delightfully uncluttered in-box! Thanks again.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Great @Steve_in_The_City :) No problem!

• littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes I agree its one particular thread which drives me mad everyday. I need to stop this or I will have to unsubscribe to this forum which is such a shame!
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Is it someone else's thread, and you're getting notifications for each new comment because you've commented on it before @littleacorn?

• littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    @Tori_Scope its a thread that gets updates/comments made about 15 times a day!

Brightness