Hi, my name is mykiddies3! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mykiddies3!

2»

Comments

• mykiddies3
    mykiddies3 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Hello! I’ve had the assessment report back today! That was actually very quick ? Is anyone available to ask about the dots that are ticked and descriptors please? 

Thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello! I’ve had the assessment report back today! That was actually very quick ? Is anyone available to ask about the dots that are ticked and descriptors please? 

Thankyou 

Use the PIP self test online and you'll be able to transfer those dots into the test and it will add the recommended score up for you. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mykiddies3
    Ok Thankyou poppy! Will get back to you soon 
  • mykiddies3
    Hello again! By what I can see my daughter has scored 26 points for care! And 12 for mobility! The report is very accurate in what the assessor has written and I’m very pleased with this! Not really sure what happens now as it just says that it is a copy of the report? 

Thankyou Caron 
  • mykiddies3
    It also says to review in 3 years? 
  • poppy123456
    That would be a recommendation of Enhanced for both parts. You will need to wait for the decision to made to know for certain but they usually go with the report. Sometimes they give a different award length of time.

The DLA will continue for a few weeks after the PIP decision is made and the first PIP payment is usually about 7 weeks after the decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mykiddies3
    Ok thank you very much for your help! I was really worried as like I’d said before I hadn’t read the descriptors ? 
    Everything has come at once today! I’m currently doing my sons dla renewal which they said should be decided by the end of the week! But because there was a problem with post etc my carers allowance has stopped until it’s sorted again! Now I just received a letter today to say that my income support is stopping due to carers allowance stopping and I need to apply for universal credit as it’s a change in circumstances ? But if my sons dla gets reinstated and I start to receive carers again
    would this then go back to normal with income support? Or do I need to still continue with universal credit claim? ? 

thanks again 
  • poppy123456
    When did your sons DLA end? Did you ring Income Support today to tell them that you're waiting for the decision on the DLA? If your Income Support stops completely then you won't be able to reclaim it. If you claim UC then any tax credits you're claiming will also end.
  • mykiddies3
    Not yet as I only received all the letters today ? The post situation is a right pain at the minute but I will ring them Tomorrow! The letter says it will stop from the 3rd of March? So I’m hoping that it could all be sorted by then? 
  • mykiddies3
    My sons dla ended on the 5th of January but dla have said to me on the phone that they are aware of post issues so are concentrating on getting the renewals done ASAP at the moment
  • poppy123456
    I'm surprised they didn't continue with the DLA payments because a decision hadn't been made by the time that award ended and if it were me i would have argued that it should have continued. With the current extreme circumstances delays are possible with decision making etc.

You could also change the carers allowance claim to your other son (the one that's just claimed PIP) if no one else is claiming carers allowance for looking after them. That way your Income Support will continue.
  • mykiddies3
    Yea it was a nightmare due to post issues! Basically his award was extended for 6 months due to Covid! Then out of the blue I had a letter from carers in December to say my carers would stop because my sons dla was stopping in January! I phoned dla and they said a form had been sent and was due back by 5th January! Long story short I hadn’t received anything I’m the post and so trying to scramble together a form and evidence etc was a nightmare to get done in a few days ? Especially with the part about the school
    writing their bit as they were on Christmas holidays! I eventually got it done and posted off on the 6th which was a day late but couldn’t be helped! So it’s all been a bit stressful that on top of doing the pip claim for my daughter ? 
  • mykiddies3
    Hi poppy! 

I phoned DLA this morning and they have reinstated my sons DLA! That was really quick of them as they hadn’t received it until the 8th and made the decision on the 12th 
    They told me my carers claim ended on the 11th and so I’m not sure what I have to do now? But dla said that carers will have this on their computers so it should work itself out? I’ve tried phoning them but they are closed
  • poppy123456
    If the carers allowance has ended then you'll need to claim again and you can do this online. Otherwise, they are open between 10am and 2pm Monday to Friday. https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance-unit

• mykiddies3
    edited January 2021
    Thanks @poppy123456
     I was just confused as to what to do because my sons dla hasn’t actually been stopped? It’s carried on there’s just been a delay in information back and forth

thanks again 
  • mykiddies3
    So basically it’s stopped on the 30th December! Paid till jan 5th! Then new claim up and running on the 12th but carried on from the 30th if you know what I mean? ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.