Is common for people to still be waiting to transferred from DLA to PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is common for people to still be waiting to transferred from DLA to PIP?

salmonandchips1
salmonandchips1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I remember back when PIP first came out they used to publish timetables. I've had a Google but I can't find any for 2021 and beyond.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    The last figure I saw was I think about 600,000 and yes i was gobsmacked as well, but in the last year they have been delayed by lockdowns, staff off sick, staff who don't know what they are doing etc etc. Are you still waiting transfer?
    @salmonandchips1 welcome to scope
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• salmonandchips1
    Thanks for welcome woodbine
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

You're not the only person still waiting, there's a lot of people in the same boat. Good thing is, you still have your DLA payments while you wait.

Of course if your condition has got worse then you could start a PIP claim yourself, if you're not on the highest rate of DLA. Before doing this though you should look at the PIP descriptors to see where you think you should score those points because not everyone transfering from DLA qualifies for PIP because they are different benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • salmonandchips1
    Thanks poppy123456, I have read the criteria it seems straight forward. I am realising as I get older things aren't as easy as they used to be lol
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @salmonandchips1

Welcome to the community, hope the above advice has been helpful. 

I like your username :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.