PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Is common for people to still be waiting to transferred from DLA to PIP?

salmonandchips1salmonandchips1 Member Posts: 3 Listener
I remember back when PIP first came out they used to publish timetables. I've had a Google but I can't find any for 2021 and beyond.

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,913 Disability Gamechanger
    The last figure I saw was I think about 600,000 and yes i was gobsmacked as well, but in the last year they have been delayed by lockdowns, staff off sick, staff who don't know what they are doing etc etc. Are you still waiting transfer?
    @salmonandchips1 welcome to scope
  • salmonandchips1salmonandchips1 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks for welcome woodbine
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

You're not the only person still waiting, there's a lot of people in the same boat. Good thing is, you still have your DLA payments while you wait.

Of course if your condition has got worse then you could start a PIP claim yourself, if you're not on the highest rate of DLA. Before doing this though you should look at the PIP descriptors to see where you think you should score those points because not everyone transfering from DLA qualifies for PIP because they are different benefits.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • salmonandchips1salmonandchips1 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks poppy123456, I have read the criteria it seems straight forward. I am realising as I get older things aren't as easy as they used to be lol
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,338 Disability Gamechanger
    As of the 1st of December 2020...

”... There were 274,970 claimants with entitlement to DLA as of the end of May 2020 who were aged 16-64 on 8 April 2013, the day PIP was introduced, who remain in scope to be invited to claim PIP. Children in receipt of DLA will continue to be invited to claim PIP on reaching age 16.“.

Priority remains new claims and reassessments.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,430 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @salmonandchips1

Welcome to the community, hope the above advice has been helpful. 

I like your username :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Sign in or join us to comment.