66 today ! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

66 today !

2»

Comments

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Ooh, please do share your experiences on here. ..I love that kind of stuff!
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Happy belated birthday @Seanchai?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Whenever you're ready @Seanchai - don't stop talking.....we're all hear waiting to hear more. You're definitely a good story teller/seanchai. :)
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    hi guys ....not been feeling 100 % in the last few days ....but I,m ok now , my old bulldog hamish had to visit the vet. So that's takes a bit of organising as well as I have to get my daughter and son to take him as we are still isolating ( roll on the vaccine ....middle of next month for me,  they reckon  ?
    I will tell now you my first meeting with the paranormal .....although I have been aware of various things happening around me , I never really gave it much thought as it's always happened and if you grow up with something , then you are not really aware of it and take such things as normal .Nothing scary but I was aware of things around me at an early age ....I used to have terribly vivid dreams , i still do . I know a lot of people do that,  especially if you have things on your mind like illness ect. ...but ....my dreams are so vivid that I can relay them to my wife word for word , and exactly who was in my dreams. I sometimes wake up during my dreams  , go downstairs and sometimes make a cup of tea ....when I go back to bed and fall asleep again , my dream carries on from where it left off , it's like pausing a video when I awake and restarting it when I fall asleep again.
    I have met a few people who do that ...and most of then have a paranormal connection of some sort in their lives.I would live to hear from anyone who dreams like that .
    I was twelve years of age , had just started high school and was on my way home one Friday at 4.25 . I was in the bus station ( no special buses for schools in those days ) so it was a scrum to try and get on a bus as there was four high schools in that area and many of us travelled by bus to outlying areas,  my home was in the hills , two bus journeys  away from the school ( around 6 miles ).  
    The bus station was laid out pretty irregular and on one side there were no pavements so it was a matter of walking between buses to see their sign on the front of them and hope they were headed for my home in the hills .
    I was waking down the bus station ( as I said , no pavement ) , the next thing I knew I was lying under a bus . I cannot remember pain as such but my head was out the front/side of bus and I was watching what was going on , it was just like the vivid dreams I had all my life , I was very lucky the bus driver stopped dead ...although he said he never saw me.... but for some reason his bus had stopped dead . It was at that moment i saw what had stopped his bus dead . It was a very tall figure , dazzling white with his hands up as if to stop the bus , this tall figure had his hands up and they were roughly in line with the drivers windscreen , which, when thinking about it would make this figure seven or eight feet tall ....but I knew he was not of this world as he had huge wings folded on his back ....all dazzling white . The driver jumped out of the drivers door on the other side of the bus from where I was lying . and I saw him with his hands on his head in shock ...the white figure walked over ( two steps) and said something to him , put his hand on his head and he seemed to calm down and assess the situation , he jumped back in the bus and slowly reversed the bus off me . My leg was under the wheel , of course i never realised that until the bus reversed off me . I think that's when i went deeply into shock, I tried to sit up but could not do so , I heard someone saying , I,m a nurse ... I asked someone if I could have a drink of water ...someone brought me a cup of ware but the nurse said i could not drink anything , i asked her if she " could just wet my lips ...please " she took some water and wet my lips , it was like nectar. The next thing i heard was an ambulance siren getting louder and louder . The next thing I knew was I came to in the ambulance and someone in uniform talking to me and encouraging me to stay awake ..." stay with us " he said . My injuries were pretty bad , as you can imagine , my leg was pretty mashed up ,as the wheel  my pelvis was broken badly my ribs broken , my shoulder broken and fractured skull . 
    I felt no pain ( that was to come later ) ..the next thing I knew was I was lying on a trolley , nobody around me at all . I lay like that for what felt like ages , but it was maybe around a few minutes , then this very tall , brilliant white figure with  big wings folded, appeared next to me , I asked him if I was in heaven .....he repliwd "No Gerry , your are not in heaven , it's not your time" .... before I went to the operating theatre ...I rwmwbwr a priest blessing me , probably the last rites ...but that was it ....I thought.     I awakened a few days later , a lovely nurse was standing next to me when i awoke , she said  "hello angel eyes " ...those words rattled through my brain , she asked if I knew where I was ,... I,m sure I tried to make a joke of it but found I had trouble talking because of tubes coming out of every orrifice . Within a week or two I was fully awake , my mother was visiting me ...my father never bothered coming in to see me . No surprise there as he never took time in my life to speak to me ......unless it was to moan at me or give me a row .... so I was not surprised at him not coming in to visit me . 
    The story does not end here though , when I managed out of bed ( eventually ) with a wheelchair I used to go to a small day room at the end of the building , I was three floors up in Falkirk royal infirmary , from the day room ( which had a TV and books) . From the day room i could see into large houses which were about the same height as i was from the ground ....and with huge sloping gardens down towards the road , i could see the convent ( which was straight across from me ) and the large gardens sloping towards me . The nurses were busy each day tending the gardens which were full of vegetables ( for their own use ) I waved over to them and they all waved back , this became a daily ritual , nomatter the weather . the nuns gardens were on a huge slope but terraced , and each terrace had different vegetables , and at the end of each terracw was a statue on a plinth , probably of saints,   but I could not make out what saints the statues were .
    I never had many visitors apart from my mother ....and a priest . Not a man I could chat to really ...I knew him from high school but all he wanted was to make sure I had the sacraments and that I was praying each day . I thought about asking him about my tall white figure ...and I went over one hundred times in my head how I would bring it up and what I would say to him. ....but as I said , he was not a man I could chat to and he was always in a rush to get onto the next person on his list. Each day i waved to the nuns who worked very hard in the sun and the rain . At long last I was told I would be allowed to go home as soon as I could walk with crutches .. I worked towards that each day ....my nurse ( who called me "angel eyes " )  I thought often about her and I wondered why she called me angel eyes ....was it because i had maybe been rambling in my comatose state about "the angel " I saw..... ??? ... alas , my 'angel eyes' nurse was not working the day I went home so I did not have a chance to thank her and have a chat with her ...the day came that I was going home , I had my own clothes on and it felt good to be going home , I had just one thing to do ...I had to go to the day room and for the final time , wave tomtge nuns . I stood at the large window in the day room and waved to the nuns ....showing them i had my clothes on and was going home ....they then must have realised i was going home as many of them gave me the thumbs up and a final wave ...the porter had arrived at the ward desk , I heard him ask where I was ....I gave the nuns a final wave ...but ...I was stunned , as I looked at that view of the nuns and the saints on their statues ....but there was a new statue right at the top of the terraced garden ....this was a new statue that I had never noticed before ....butnasni gave a final wave ....this tall statue , waved back at me ....it was my guardian angel who had saved my life and appeared to me as I lay on the trolley thinking I was in heaven . I started crying as it was just to much of an emotional moment ....tye Peter asked why I was crying after all the time I spent in hospital , I should,d be happy .....I just said that I was so happy it was making my cry .
    Thank,you for reading this page out my life ....tt would be a few years before  I met a paranormal being again .
    I apologise for any spelling mistakes  ...I need a " ghost " writer . I must add that spirits do not like being called " "ghosts" ??

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s an amazing account @Seanchai, thank you for sharing. If circumstances and health allow I’d love to hear more. 

I hope your injuries healed but I’m guessing they’ve given you a lifetime of trouble. Also I know old injuries resurface as we age, I’m very similar in age to you.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Seanchai
    edited January 2021
    Your spot on LeeCal...I get terrible pain in my leg and hip . 
    I know that some people will read my story and think I,m mad ....I can only say what happened to me . I will post in the next day or so of the first time I met a spirit .I kept a lot of what happened to me over the years , private , just incase everybody thought I was mad . Now , I don,t care what anyone thinks of me . I would have questioned my sanity ( and I have) ...but the good thing is , when I joined the paranormal group there were others with me that witnessed these paranormal events ....and the members of the group had things that happened to them and that's why they joined a paranormal group , to be able to speak about what they experienced over the years.  I was welcomed with open arms into the paranormal ....much the same as i was welcomed here on Scope ....and on Scope I can also read what has happened to others . I think computers are an amazing invention. ....but of course we have to be careful what we say online on any site . 
    I joined a paranormal group and within a day I was listening to recordings of mysterious voices.  This was a recording made in a pub in fife which paranormal members visited ( there are many electronic devices to help paranormal groups ) I listened to a recording of a voice online ....of this pub that was getting strange things happening when the pub was closed  but nobody could make the voice out , it turned out that for many years an old Irishman used to sit in the pub at the end of the bar ( that was his seat at the end of the bar and nobody sat on it , even when the old fella died ) There were glasses being moved on the bar and chairs ( and the old fella's seat was often moved,  witnessed by cctv  . So i listened ...and listened ( my hearing was not to good even then) , but with headphones on i heard what I would call a grumpy old man mumble something ...nobody knew what the voice was saying ....but I can speak a bit of Irish gaelige and did at that time chat to a fella from galway. Anyway , ...the voice sounded like it was saying " shut the file and chair" which did not make any sense to anyone but I recognised it as Irish gaeilge and the voice said " slan go fhoille a chara " ..... It was the old Irish fella saying " "goodbye my friends " in his native tongue . ..problem solved . 
    Many disbelievers think that the electronic device catches stray radio waves and the voices cannot be taken as evidence of paranormal activity .They could be right ..but they could be wrong ??
    I hope you are keeping well LeeCal ....or do you have some old " war wounds " that trouble you ? I now have to use a stick whilst walking . ?
  • leeCal
    Thanks again for sharing @Seanchai, the paranormal has always fascinated me. I’ve a couple of strange things happen to me too, synchronicity mostly, but also one or two intuitive moments. The are personal however so I can’t go into detail. 

Years ago i first met a psychic who amazed me with her abilities. I’ve met her again since too and she amazed me again. How she knew things about me I’ll never know , sometimes I think it’s telepathy sometimes her guide, I’m not sure but if either were true it would be quite something. I haven’t seen her for a couple of years now and she was in her eighties so I’m not sure if she’s still with us. I often remember her and am tempted to see her again but to be honest it’s a little unnerving to be virtually told what you’ve been thinking etc! 

I look forward to other accounts you might share too @Seanchai,, thanks again.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Seanchai
    Thanks LeeCal ......I am also interested in your dealings with the paranormal ...but of course if they are personal then we will leave it at that. 
    We had two mediums ( phychics) ...I was not always happy of their attitude,  one tended to take over everything ...and the other would hardly speak . The one who would hardly speak used to ( I found out much later) that she used to take money for her " readings" from people  She was also contact the  to ask the the owners of these premises and ask f they would like a " reading" .  
    This was a no no , and actually illegal , it ended the group as we had all signed forms to say we would never accept or ask for money off anyone for our visits. 
    it was a shame as we had a decent group ....so we thought. 
    The only dealing I have had was a reading that a medium did for a friend of mine ...( not our medium but a well know local lady who would do readings in peoples houses ) She would then take the individuals to another room to give them a reading ...but I felt she was brilliant at asking questions without " asking questions" if you know what I mean ....and she would us those answers to help her through the next reading . ...she was booked two or three nights a week to do these readings so she was making a decent living out of these readings .
    Yes , it can be unnerving to be in their presence . ...especially the medium who use to look ...and say nothing ????
  • chiarieds
    edited January 2021
    Hi @Seanchai - & thank you for sharing your experiences. I hope both you & Hamish are now keeping well. Like @leeCal I've also had 'synchronicities,' which have always been positive. Many years ago, as a daft teenager, my friends & I tried a oujah board, & I didn't feel anyone was pushing the glass around. I was still skeptical, but a little later, tried with a pen in my hand. I can only describe it as spirit writing, & the handwriting bore no resemblance to my own. I had hoped to be a Dr, but being fairly good at English & Geography, & whilst really liking Human Biology didn't help, as I struggled in particular with Chemistry. My 'spirit' writer was a Dr., I didn't ask questions, tho I wondered. Fast forward to when I was a physio student, & not having tried 'spirit' writing for several years, I found in preparing for examinations I could 'see' the page in question that would help me in photographic detail, & if I just let it go my hand would also write an answer. I felt that was like cheating, so never tried again.
  • Seanchai
    Hi @chiarieds.... , we are both feeling a bit better thanks , between cleaning his ears three times a day , giving him his  different types of tablets at different set times , its keeping me busy thanks.
    Yes, indeed , some things can happen that stirs our inner self and we start asking ourselves questions about these happenings . I,m glad you have found that such things have been positive . I have never come across spirit writing ( well,  I have but it was on a wall or such and at times was unreadable , never actually seen it on paper but have often heard of these writings. Ouija boards are a bit of a dodgy " game" ....they act as a portal and let any spirit through to this realm . if people are going to use them they should pray for clearance from evil spirits ( a thing that we used to do before entering any premises to look into paranormal activity ) also a clearance prayer before we leave the premises . Just to make sure a spirit has not latched on to any of us. 
    I,m sure your Dr. felt he was helping you to become a doctor , personally I don,t think it was cheating . Some people can read a page in a book quickly and the page is photocopied into their brain , I met a fella like that at college and he could read a page in minutes and could then repeat word for word the whole page . I felt he was being helped by the paranormal but ge said it was something he could do from an early age . An amazing feat indeed . If I study ( in my study days ) I had to write it down to remember it ...therefore it took a long time to get anything in my brain .Even these days, I am into shortwave radio and airplane radio . ...hut to remember anything , I have to write it down ....not neccessarily to go back and read it but if I write things down I remember them more clearly .
    It would be interesting to find out if your Dr. was still around , maybe you could try it again . ......although if you don,t use it, you can lose it. I know that contacting ( or trying to contact spirits can be very tiring ....its as ithough the spirit draw your energy and that can be tiring .
    Please stay safe and may your God go with you ?
  • Seanchai
    An ending to my visit from my guardian angel ...... I was at a grotto in Carfin , a beautiful serene place which was built by the hands of local villagers , ( it's almost 100 years old and took years to build ). A new visitors centre was added as thousands poured in from all over the UK and from Europe.  ...now the visitors centre is closed due to very few people visiting the grotto. .....and just like everything else , it's all down to " money " ?
    The underground chapel in the grotto had been closed for many years as it was considered " dangerous" ( insurance purposes ).
    I visited the grotto many times over the years but there were places that were closed to the public . ... Around 25 years ago I visited the centre and much to my surprise and delight the underground chapel was opened . It's small on the scale of things and would hold no more than 20 people I would think but they had done it up and it was beautiful ...My wife and myself went underground and I took a seat the the left and my wife took a seat to the right. I said a prayer and I turned to see my wife ....there was my guardian angel above her head , in stained glass with a bright white light emanating from the small 'dug out 'on the wall looked like the sun was shining through but it was definitely a light as we were underground . ...Underneath were the words 'Archangel Gabriel ' whoever made this stained glass with the light behind it had obviously seen the archangel as it was just as I had saw him at the scene of my near fatal accident and in the hospital corridor....and in the grounds of the convent across from the hospital that had been my home for a long time .I have never met him since ..but.... I know he is around and has helped me out a few times of dire need.
    May your God be with you ?
  • Seanchai
    If members are not fed up reading my words , then I would like to tell you of the first time I met a spirit ....I was not out looking for any paranormal experiences , it was the furthest thing from my mind to be honest and because of what happened that night I knew that others had experienced such experiences ...no way was I the only one , "I,m just an ordinary man doing the best I can" . 
  • chiarieds
    Lovely to hear from you @Seanchai - I'm pleased both you & Hamish are doing better. Just to reassure you I didn't feel comfortable using a ouija board, & left it well alone after 3 or 4 goes. I didn't have a photographic memory, yet could 'see' the page of an appropriate textbook when the Dr, who seemed to be a couple of hundred years old (that's the only thing I 'knew' about him), helped me. Like yourself, I had to write everything down when I studied, & couldn't just take notes from my tutors, I had to do it my way, & wrote copious notes. I didn't become a Dr, rather a physio, which has also helped me several times due to our family's problems. Sometimes I do wish I'd been clever enough to become a Dr, especially after finding out which genetic disorders our family had, then trying to find a Dr to confirm at least one of them. However I've always found Drs treated me with great respect, & had a New York neurosurgeon help me in raising awareness here in the UK of the neurological problems that can occur in some of those with my genetic disorder....one of the cases of serendipity/synchronicity that have seemed to occur in my life.
    It seems sometimes things just happen, least of all when you're expecting them, & I would certainly like to hear more from you as to your experiences, thank you so much for sharing. May your God always be with you.
  • Seanchai
    Hi @chiarieds....I wish I had done better at school ...but having missed that year,  I
    thought teachers were speaking in a foreign language when I eventually got back to school ....maths especially . That's why I gave up going to school . that got me in a lot of trouble .....but after what I had been through I felt I could deal with anything  that was thrown at me ?
     I know for certain ( although it's hard to prove) that ouija boards have opened portals for spirits to come through....and remain in this realm .I have saw people in a terrible state because of their " visitor" . Most people think that they are going mad when things start happening in their house and they are wary of asking for help . ...at first....just incase everyone thinks they are mad ....but they end up having to get help in some cases . Some people learn to live with their visitor , many of which have no evil intent but can still  be a nuisance. ??
  • leeCal
    edited January 2021
    If members are not fed up reading my words , then I would like to tell you of the first time I met a spirit
    I’m still very very interested @Seanchai
    thank you for sharing your experiences. 

Your account is very interesting too @chiarieds, thank you .

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Seanchai
    edited January 2021
    Thanks @chiarieds... I know many people do not believe in the afterlife ...but still hope there is as we will all go there at sometime . Hopefully not for a while yet?
    ...What surprises me is that some people who believe in an afterlife , just laugh when " paranormal "  is mentioned . 
    The first time I ever actually saw a spirit is a really weird one. 
    I was out night shooting ( for ducks) in a full moon with a pal ...he took up a position on one side of the pond ( canal basin) , I took up my position on the opposite side of the pond , it was an old tractor track I was sitting on , so I took up position with my back against a high wall. I must say here that the wall I was leaning on was the perimeter of a graveyard , nothing to do with my meeting though , pure coincidence . I was sitting at the side of the old track which used to be the track from an old church ( still being used to this day ). I sat and poured a cup of tea from my thermos , it was a lovely summer moonlit night .My gun lying against the wall and i watched for any movement . About 100 yards to my left I thought I caught a movement with the corner of my eye ....then nothing for a few minutes.  I was wide awake waiting on ducks landing in the pond ...had the last of my cup of tea and put the thermos back in my bag . As I lifted my head I saw a light about 50 yards to my left , the it disappeared again.  another couple of minutes and I saw someone coming along the track toward me , they had a lantern type device which was a poor light but i also had the moonlight .....enough to let me make out the shape of someone walking towards me . This track was very seldom used during the day , never mind night .  Then about ten feet away I saw someone walk towards me along the path ...I say " walk" but there was no movement of " walking" ...this man had a calf length coat on , britches that were tied beneath the knee...the weird thing was I could not make out shoes at all , it seemed as though he was " floating " past me , he was also wearing a tripointed hat which made him look like an old pirate ....although we were miles from the sea . I lifted my gun , (God knows what I was going to do with a gun .) then he came level with me( three feet away)  I said a daft thing , I said " excuse me , do you have the time ) ...a really stupid thing to say I know but I did not know what to say ,and it was the first thing that came in to my head . This old man in weird clothes actually lifted his lantern , looked at me and will never forget that face ...or that blank look . I watched as he continued on his way about twenty feet past me and turned right , behind the high wall .( that's where the old track leads ) . I grabbed my bag and headed of to find my pal. His words were , "My God Gerry , are you ok ,you look like you have seen a ghost " .  I swore him to secrecy and he has never said a word to anyone as far as I know ....but eventually  i did. ...after many years .
    Although I did a bit of work in the library after that event although the only thing I learned from an old map was the track was called the" church path" and the bridge near the pond was called the " Ministers bridge" I found out ( by pure accident ...many years later)  that Church of Scotland ministers wore a tri- cornered hat at one time ....I had to sit down when I learned that , it meant it was not a pirate hat my vision was wearing , but a ministers hat ....that rather answered a lot of questions I had .
    Thanks for reading ....any questions ...I am willing to try and answer ??
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Happy birthday, sorry I’m late to the party, I hope you had a good day :smiley:
  • Seanchai
    Thanks  66Mustang ... another day in isolation my friend ...but I got cards and presents handed in from family . I,m not big on birthdays and each year i tell my family that it would be nice to recieve a card ...but no presents please . It's like talking to myself . I appreciate their kindness and their love ...but they work hard and i do not want them to spend their hard earned cash .....besides ..." What can you buy the man who has everything he needs ...or wants? ?." I have a loving family and that is far more than a lot of other people have got ,so I am very happy with life , my health could be better but once again " I am far better than many others " ....or the ones who never made it to my age .??
    May your God be with you Mustang ?

Brightness