Care — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Care

Uselessgov6
Uselessgov6 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hi just after some information on care allowance  and uc care element,am on pip and my husband  claims uc care element  for me ,but at the monent my sister  do a lot for me whilst husband at work in the day time ,  could  she claim care allowance and husband keep uc care element 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Unfortunately, it's not possible for your sister to claim Carers Allowance and for your husband to claim carers element at the same time. This is because they are benefits that can be claimed while caring for someone.

Hope this helps clear things up for you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Uselessgov6
    Thankyou ,i think about taking husband of uc care element  of our uc and get sister to claim care Allowance as she lost her job due coronavirus 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Uselessgov6

Just wanted to say welcome to the community :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome,

May i ask what other benefits your sister is claiming?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Uselessgov6
    She not claiming any thing 
  • poppy123456
    The yes, if your huisband cancels the cares element then your sister can claim carers allowance but do be aware than if she works again anytime in the future then she'll need to earn less than £128 per week after deductions. Anything more than this and she won't be entitled to any carers allowance. https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/eligibility Carers allowance is also taxable income.

It may also be worth her getting a benefits check done with her local advice agency to see if she's entitled to any other benefits.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.