HI!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HI!!

Lauren80
Lauren80 Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
Hi everyone. Long Time no see! How are you all? Lockdown has been pretty hard for me. I've been stuck at home 2 years in June and i've been shielding since last March.. I finally got a kidney appointment for Thursday at 10am after a whole year of no appointments. I'm scared and anxious about going to the hospital especially during lockdown and covid. I hope my kidney is still the same percent and I hope I don't need any diet restrictions or fluid restrictions or any kidney medicines. I will keep you all updated. Take care and sending much love and hugs to everyone xx 
Lauren 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome back 

Hope your appt goes well dont worry about going to hospital I have been going once a month since june last year 

Wear your mask and sanitize at all the stations 

The 3 hospitals I have been 2 have very strict procedures and have one way systems and lots depts boarded off 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren80

I'm doing very well thanks, nice to see you back. Fingers crossed everything goes well Thursday, let us know how you get on :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren80 welcome back, i've been to hospital a number of times since March and i have to say they seemed to be the safest places on earth, just follow the advice from @janer1967 and you'll be fine.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

My daughters grandmother lives in Wales and has just spent the past 5 weeks in hospital. She is on the extremely vulnerable list and had the shielding letter at the start of first lockdown. I know my daughters were really worried that she would catch Covid from hospital. She came home yesterday and didn't catch it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness