Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

HI!!

Lauren80Lauren80 Member Posts: 16 Connected
Hi everyone. Long Time no see! How are you all? Lockdown has been pretty hard for me. I've been stuck at home 2 years in June and i've been shielding since last March.. I finally got a kidney appointment for Thursday at 10am after a whole year of no appointments. I'm scared and anxious about going to the hospital especially during lockdown and covid. I hope my kidney is still the same percent and I hope I don't need any diet restrictions or fluid restrictions or any kidney medicines. I will keep you all updated. Take care and sending much love and hugs to everyone xx 
Lauren 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,066 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome back 

Hope your appt goes well dont worry about going to hospital I have been going once a month since june last year 

Wear your mask and sanitize at all the stations 

The 3 hospitals I have been 2 have very strict procedures and have one way systems and lots depts boarded off 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,083

Scope community team

Hi @Lauren80

I'm doing very well thanks, nice to see you back. Fingers crossed everything goes well Thursday, let us know how you get on :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren80 welcome back, i've been to hospital a number of times since March and i have to say they seemed to be the safest places on earth, just follow the advice from @janer1967 and you'll be fine.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

My daughters grandmother lives in Wales and has just spent the past 5 weeks in hospital. She is on the extremely vulnerable list and had the shielding letter at the start of first lockdown. I know my daughters were really worried that she would catch Covid from hospital. She came home yesterday and didn't catch it.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.