Why would PIP call on a Saturday? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why would PIP call on a Saturday?

kazbinpain
kazbinpain Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Sat 16th Jan 2021 I missed a call from PIP/Capita.  The lady left a message on my mobile answerphone.  She said they need to speak to me and their lines are open Mon-Fri 8-8.   She gave a number to call.  I applied for PIP on 30th October.  The form being received by them on 1st week of December.  This was on time, as the online forms to fill in didn’t arrive until early November.   I’m awaiting a decision, but does anyone have any idea why they would call on a Saturday and then say their lines are only open Mon-Fri?
Im quite unwell at the moment and the reason I missed the call is because I was asleep (yes in the daytime).  I’m suffering with pain, insomnia and right now, a high temperature.   It isn’t covid.  
Anyone have any ideas?
I suffer with stress and anxiety and now this is making it worse. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

If it was capita they are the assessment company so could have been to arrange an assessment 

As above some di work weekends as explained and they are trying to get through the backlog 

You say you are waiting for a decision have you had your assessment yet ? 

Majority of people have an assessment first before it goes to a decision maker but a small few do get paper based 

I presume it wasnt a planned call they may try and contact you again if not try the number they left you on monday 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kazbinpain

I hope the above has helped relieve your stress about the situation, I'm sure it's all fine :) Please try your best to relax and take it easy this Sunday.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.