Video Games - Page 14 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video Games

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    What's the Folconeer about @MrAllen1976?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    What's the Folconeer about @MrAllen1976?
    It's kind of aerial combat, you control a Falcon, and you fly about shooting enemies and dodging traps and stuff.

If you have a look on YouTube there'll be footage of it on there, but it is Xbox exclusive.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Sounds and looks cool @MrAllen1976, but yeah guess I won't be able to play it anyway given I'm a PlayStationer :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Sounds and looks cool @MrAllen1976, but yeah guess I won't be able to play it anyway given I'm a PlayStationer :) 
    Drat, and I thought you were a right nice bloke lol.

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Has anyone with Valhalla managed to complete 'A Mild Hunt'?  I spent ages finding the 3 reindeer antlers but can't find the Hunter again, she's just disappeared!  Looking online it seems it was bugged a couple of months ago but I can't find out whether it's been fixed since.
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Does anyone have a series X yet? if you do what do you think? I will probably get one later this year
  • IntneNavy
    IntneNavy Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    I have 23 consoles from a nes to the PS4, i mainly play on my PC now, around 1200 steam games, love survival crafting games like 7 days 2 die or racing games, i am 52 and do at least 4 hours at least a day gaming lol. have done since i had a zx speccy in the 80s,

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    @OverlyAnxious
    I am a good bit into Valhalla but I haven't done any of the legendary animals hunt yet. I suggest you go online and just put in 'Valhalla A Mild Hunt' in google. I'm sure you will get a feed into You Tube with a video of the hunt.
  • OverlyAnxious
    Garza said:
    Does anyone have a series X yet? if you do what do you think? I will probably get one later this year
    I still can't find any in stock...  
  • OverlyAnxious
    @OverlyAnxious
    I am a good bit into Valhalla but I haven't done any of the legendary animals hunt yet. I suggest you go online and just put in 'Valhalla A Mild Hunt' in google. I'm sure you will get a feed into You Tube with a video of the hunt.
    Ah, you've probably missed it by now then.  It bugs out if you don't complete it before the 'travel to England' mission starts.

It's not actually a hunt, it's just a collection task - collect 3 reindeer antlers and bring them back to the hunter.  Reindeer are hard to find, and not all of them drop antlers (I only had a 1 in 3 drop rate!) so takes time to do.  But annoyingly the hunter disappears so I'm now stuck with her quest and these Antlers (as if the bag isn't heavy enough already lol, must be like Mary Poppins bag).  Some people have returned later in the game and found the hunter so I've just given up on that for now.  The actual reward isn't much (she gives you the location of a large animal, but you'll find it accidentally anyway) it's just annoying not being able to complete the task.

I've been trying to catch 10 bullhead fish for another collection task this morning which is equally as trying of my patience!  :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Garza said:
    Apparently Game had limited stock online circa the middle of last week, it didn't last long though. Although last I heard Argos are hoping for stock in February.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Assassin’s Creed sounds quite good from what you have described here.

Is it an “open world” game where you can just go around doing what you want?
  • OverlyAnxious
    Garza said:
    Apparently Game had limited stock online circa the middle of last week, it didn't last long though. Although last I heard Argos are hoping for stock in February.

Yes, I read about Game stock too, though it was already too late by the time I saw it.  Will keep an eye out on Argos now though, didn't realise they still sold consoles.
  • OverlyAnxious
    66Mustang said:
    Assassin’s Creed sounds quite good from what you have described here.

Is it an “open world” game where you can just go around doing what you want?
    Yep, exactly that, you can do as few or as many of the side missions as you like, though there is a main story line that you have to progress through to reach different places.  Part of it is set in England too...I'm keeping an eye out for my house.  :D

On this one you can limit blood FX and totally turn off dismemberment, which is a positive for me and I guess would be for you too.  Sadly the one thing you can't turn off is the sound of 'conflict' which can be a bit much for me if I'm honest.
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Im in the middle of building my new monster gaming PC but currently the computer component market worldwide is under considerable stress with most parts being 'out of stock' everywhere. AMD and Nvidia have also had pretty much 'paper launches' in the latter half of 2020 where their new products are simply unavailable or being sold on sites like 'Ebay' for extortionate prices.

I'm hoping that I will be able to get my hands on a new graphics card by May because this is when hopefully Amazon Games will be launching their new open world MMO 'New Worlds' which I'm really looking forward to playing! 
  • BrettW
    As you can see it's almost ready - just need the graphics card...

• 66Mustang
    @OverlyAnxious that sounds really cool, yes that kind of feature is helpful for me. I might have to see if I can get it for Mac

@BrettW that looks awesome...what are the specs?
  • BrettW
    66Mustang said:
    @OverlyAnxious that sounds really cool, yes that kind of feature is helpful for me. I might have to see if I can get it for Mac

@BrettW that looks awesome...what are the specs?
    Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WIFI Motherboard
    AMD 5800x CPU
    Corsair Dominator Pro 3600 memory (16gb)
    Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm All in one cooler
    3x LL120 Corsair RGB fans
    3x LL140 Corsair RGB fans
    2x ML140 Pro Corsair fans
    Samsung 980 Pro 1tb M.2 NVME SSD
    Corsair Crystal 680x case
    Commander Pro and Commander Core powering all the RGB

Wants a RTX 3080 Graphics card
    Windows 10 Pro
  • 66Mustang
    @BrettW wow that sounds like a great machine :smiley: I hope you get the graphics card soon and can start playing some games on it
  • BrettW
    66Mustang said:
    @BrettW wow that sounds like a great machine :smiley: I hope you get the graphics card soon and can start playing some games on it
    Worldwide shortage on all graphics cards at the moment @66Mustang . Its a complete nightmare

Brightness