ESA decision time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA decision time

tomcar80
tomcar80 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi all, was wondering if anyone had recently had a telephone WCA and received their decision and how long it took? I had mine 8 weeks ago and although I’ve received the doctors assessment report which says I should be in support group it has not yet gone to a decision maker (call to ESA today), does anyone know what sort of time frame I will be looking at?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

There are no timescales for any decision. Sometimes it can take more than 8 weeks. As it's ESA you're claiming then if this is your first assessment then you'll receive the extra month from the 14th week of your claim.

Usually they go with the report, in almost 8 years of claiming ESA myself i've never known them to go against the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tomcar80
    tomcar80 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thanks Poppy, started this process back in July 2019 and had 3 F2F assessments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice pre Covid, hopefully they’ll work their way through the backlog quickly

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.