Hi, my name is DJR2021! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is DJR2021!

Options
DJR2021
DJR2021 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. Im aged 44 from Cannock, Staffordshire. I have suffered with Fibromyalgia since the aged on 25. I'm struggling trying to find a role and employer that suits my needs as i cannot stand for long periods.Its so frustrating and i hate relying on benefiits.

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DJR2021 hi welcome to the group I was born in wolverhampton not far from where you are 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome on board 

There is lots of advice about finding jobs on here including a job support programme have a look around 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @DJR2021 How are you keeping today?  I hope you are staying safe :)

I'd recommend giving our Invisible Impairments discussion board a little nosey, to see what our other members with fibromyalgia have been talking about and to see if there's anything you can relate with.

Also, about looking for a job - you might want to try joining Scope's Support to Work programme.  This is a free online and telephone service open to people who:
    • are 16 years or over
    • are looking for a paid job
    • have internet, email and telephone or Skype access
    • live in England or Wales.
    If you click on the link above it will give you more details on how to register.

I hope you've had a nice day and please give me a shout if you need any help.  Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @DJR2021 - & welcome to this community from me too. Please do look at Scope's 'Support to Work ' programme as Cher has mentioned. I've heard how good the team are.
    Fibromyalgia is a difficult disorder to cope with. I sort of 'may' know a little as the pain those with my disorder have is most likened to fibro. For that reason I'd say also look at Scope's links on 'Reasonable adjustments,' as sometimes you can get things put into place to help you with employment. Please see: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/work-careers/reasonable-adjustments/   However, I'm sure Scope's 'Support to Work' team would also discuss this with you, but you might like to have a look beforehand yourself. :)

Brightness