Medical records — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical records

hello20
hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello may i ask why uc asking doctors  details an access to medical record an had this happened previously to anyone im on lwrca was transferred over from esa year ago 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Have they asked your permission to contact your GP?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm assuming this is for a work capability assessment, is that correct? If so then when the Health Assessment Advisory Service contact your GP they don't ask for medical records, they send them a form to fill in and return. It's just a tick box form to be honest and usually a GP can't really tell them much. Quite pointless contacting them in my opinion.

The form they send them is called the UC113 and you can see it here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esa113-interactive-for-use-by-healthcare-practitioners

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hello20
    Hello we transferred over from esa an support group was bought over origional decision was 12 months for review an bo review been done since last year an no booklet was sent to fill for Assasemnt but recieved message

ould you confirm your doctors name and GP address to ensure we hold the correct details.  Also, would you confirm if you are happy for your doctors to be contacted about your medical records.

Thats message we recieved are unsure when no booklet for uc has been filled plz can any one help 
  • hello20
    edited January 2021
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea why they would be contacting your GP if no work capability assessment form has been sent since you claimed UC. I'd advise you to put a not on yolur journal to ask why they are doing this. It may just be that they are checking they have all the correct details.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @hello20 how was the message sent?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    @hello20 since you've claimed UC have you been sent any work capability asseesment forms? (UC50 form)
  • hello20
    Thabk you for the response
    we haven't received any uc50 forms since we are on uc
  • poppy123456
    Then i'd still advise you to put a note onto your journal to ask why they want that information.
  • hello20
    They sent uc50 form may i ask if lwrca is taken away will career element be taken away aswell cause my partner claims career element an gets careers allowance thats deducted so if lwrca group money stops will careers element stop as i get pip 
  • poppy123456
    Carers element is totally different to the LCWRA element and one doesn't affect the other. The qualifying benefit to claim the carers element and cares allowance is a daily living award of PIP.
  • hello20
    Thank you are medical assasement suspended till when ?
    also can they remove me if lwrca without face assasement 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.