How long to hear back after phone assessment about getting LCWRA element? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long to hear back after phone assessment about getting LCWRA element?

Feduplady
Feduplady Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi all I'm hoping someone can offer help because I've reached the point where I've lost hope with DWP!
My partner and I submitted LCWRA questionnaire 10th March. Our claim for WAS ended 22nd November 2019 and we had to apply for US which was not a continuing claim.
Firstly the claim was not paid anything until 30th Dec.... We had our last WAS payment on 10th Dec 2019.
So we had an advance UC on 30th Dec then when we went to job centre to take in some documents Jan 13th we found they'd stopped our claim and didn't know why the lady thought we'd not ticked something on the journal...so we had to do a new claim....We got our first payment 16thFeb...
We'd told them we were on ESA support group and have in all sick notes....then after asking and asking I said don't we need to do something about LCWRA element?? So we both finally did forms...?
Then... COVID but assessments and nothing!
....nothing ...no one knew ANYTHING....
...then my partner has phone assessment in November 2020.....guess what....then nothing..no info....no one could tell us anything!!!....and this is obviously the short version...still nothing...Any advice??

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Feduplady and a warm welcome to our community.

That sounds like a very confusing scenario and I'm sorry you've been left in the dark about what's happening.

Unfortunately, this isn't my area of expertise, so I've tagged it as unanswered while I look into the matter more and hopefully we can find you some useful information  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Feduplady
    Can I ask a few more questions to clarify your position? Firstly am I right in assuming WAS was meant to be ESA? 
    If so, can I ask why your claim for ESA ended? How soon after it ending did you claim UC for the first time? 

With regards to your partner having a telephone assessment in November and not hearing anything yet, that's sadly quite common. You could call UC (or add a note to your journal) requesting a copy of the assessors report. This may give you some indication as to what has been recommended while you wait for a decision. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Feduplady
    Hi both thank you for responding,
    So I'll try and explain the time line,
    We started a joint claim for ESA  in August 2018 when we moved on together. We received £287:80 every two weeks.
    I was due a face to face interview on 30th September 2019, I missed this and had my reasons accepted as I suffer depression and anxiety and couldn't attend due to this.
    So the appointment was then due 18th November 2019. I tried to attend the appointment but wasn't able to get there and had no one able to help me attend so I called on the day and explained and apologised so they said they'd 're book and send a letter to confirm.
    On 26th November I got the letter for my appointment but the appointment was stated as 21at November at 11:45.
    So the appointment was 5 days before.
    I thought this must be a mistake, tried to call a few times but was on hold so long didn't get through, and so on 3rd December we got paid, £287:80, so I was reassured that the new appointment must be on its way.
    13th December I got a letter dated 10th that our claim was stopped due to missing the 21at Nov. Appointment.
    I called and explained and waited then on 17th December we didn't get a payment.
    So I called and was told that there was no information and I had to put in reasons on phone there and then and it takes about 10 days for decision.
    I called on 20th Dec because it was 10 days after the letter, no descision, so then told to apply for Universal Credit while waiting.
    There were no physical appointment s at the job centre until 30th December. So went to job centre On Christmas eve. 
    No emergency help was available.and they don't do emergency appointments.
    We went on 30th and were able to get an advance on a new claim.
    We were due to be paid 16th January.
    We went in on 10th to take in sick notes and were told that claim was closed and we I had to 're apply. First payment then due 16th Feb.
    So we were trying to sort and no information came about ESA.
    So when I called on 27th Feb for information about a budgeting advance and asked t h at said that ESA they would follow up situation for me.
    She called back and said we'd been sent a letter which hadn't received?? So she resent the decision letter dated 11th March.
    It said didn't accept reason.
    I started an appeal mandatory consideration but then became more I'll and didn't manage to send so kind of accepted that is missed deadline but hopefully the LCWRA assessment would now happen as we went forms by 10th March.... But COVID then stopped all appointments......and here we are...
  • Feduplady
    Sorry...long so 22nd Nov was ended and 20th Dec UC, and 10th Jan UC claims started thanks 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Feduplady

Hope you're well.

Thanks for providing more details and context. It sounds like a very baffling case. So was your last contact with DWP the assessment in November 2020, as you say in your first post?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Feduplady
    Ross yes last contact officially November for my partners assessment on telephone.
    We've both left messages today on journal.
    I called UC- no information told check my journal every day.
    Partner told via journal work coach can't help his case manager deals with payments and claim.
    So we've Ask who is this and how can we speak to them......????
  • Feduplady
    Oh he was told a decision has been made...no one knows it though!!! I think it's a secret!!;! :) sorry you have to stay smiling!;
    Laura
  • Feduplady
    Thanks Adrian, will try and ask for a report.
    I've asked to speak to someone who deals with advances as we have£10 to clear on budgeting advance and could then reapply after 5-10 days.....can't they make decisions to offer emergency help so say that ok have a new loan we will add the 10 on??!! Rather than wait 2 weeks or longer...
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @Feduplady, it all sounds like a bit of a mess. I'm sorry you've had such a hard time trying to get your benefits sorted. 
    Unfortunately their computer system isn't set up to allow advances in the way you've suggested. It's a shame as it would make things easier for a lot of claimants but it won't allow another budgeting advance until the first is cleared. 

Have they responded regarding the report at all? 

When your UC claim began properly in Jan 2020, did your partner start handing fit notes in from them without any gaps? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Feduplady
    Hi Adrian we've both had sick notes continuously no gaps.
    So update, Monday I borrowed enough to clear the last budgeting loan we had.
    So industry advise 5-10 days to show cleared.
    I then called the advances line, and said I'd done this and debt management the team who process payments of loans and advances. They said they'd send the profoma to UC so they can see it's paid and gone through. And so advances then couldn't see info so went back to Glasgow (DM) who said it's over to a list which they should be able to access.I couldn't have copy or notes attached because they can only send to .gov emails.
    So again back to advances who still can't see info, and then say if my work coach can see notes from Glasgow they can authorise the application.
    So left journal note asking this ...end of day now so no one responded. And phones closed.
    So I relayed all this On my journal and asked can someone please authorise and confirm I've paid off last loan. (So was still showing on advances page of my account as a payment still owing)
    I stressed as soon as this confirmed I can apply.
    So in the morning, my case manager had left two notes saying there's nothing available to you, you can't apply for 10 days and she doesn't think we even qualify and it's not guarenteed.

But someone had cleared the budgeting loan info on my account as paid!! And sorted this called 'Dave' no job title, but he'd done for us!!!
    So I then called advances and aplied over the phone. So it should be paid tomorrow!!
    I'm still not counting my chickens!!  but hopefully it gives us help until we're paid on 16th......But with regards to this still no decision on  my partners LCWRA assessment. No news or update still pending...So he spoke to his work coach today and I'm going to email my MP!...So let's see how this goes!!! Thanks 
  • Adrian_Scope
    I'm glad you were finally able to sort an advance @Feduplady. They were correct in advising that they're not guaranteed which is why it's usually not recommended to pay one off early in the hope of receiving another. 
    Did you manage to ask for a copy of the assessor's report? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chelss
    chelss Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Hi I had a phone Assesment with lcrwa 2 weeks ago now still not heard anything I have been puttin sick notes in every month since 26/th of may how long till I hear anything 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    chelss said:
    Hi I had a phone Assesment with lcrwa 2 weeks ago now still not heard anything I have been puttin sick notes in every month since 26/th of may how long till I hear anything 

There's no timescales for any decision but it could be anything between 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.