Waiting for ENT and scared — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for ENT and scared

Options
Welliboots93
Welliboots93 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
Hi, 

I'm 27 and last year around Sept I was told I have premature hearing loss and Pulsatile tinnitus so I was referred to ENT.

well for the past couple of months I've had a headache every at the front of the head or above an eyebrow, and the tinnitus has become constant and so much louder!
Most sounds seem to make the headache worse, and it's as if pressure is just building up in the head. My mood has changed, I've developed depression and I just seem to be irritated all the time or I can't stay concentrated on things 

Anyways, Ive spoke to a doctor and put on some meds, but he has said I will probably need some scans when I have an ENT appointment (which isn't until Feb) 

This has absolutley petrified me, because I can't shift the thought that I have a brain tumour and whilst waiting for this appointment I'm going to get worse with my anxiety!

Is there anyone who has been in a similar situation who could possibly offer some advice or reassurance on ENT, headaches etc?!

Thank you 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Welliboots93 hi you ok tonight? I'm sorry to read about the problems you are having but it's not something I have any experience with, however do check back tomorrow as i'm sure someone will pop up with some advice.
    Wishing you well.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Welliboots93, I know the pandemic has slowed up the NHS appointments but if your GP thought or thinks you need an MRI scan he or she would have arranged  one, you like all of us needing hospital assistance, intervention are put under a lot of stress and anxiety waiting and wondering what ifs. If you are worried and concerned about increased symptoms then contact your GP for help and advice failing that phone the NHS help line for help and advice you’ll be asked many questions which are routine but have to be asked regardless of your concerns or conditions. 

Brightness