What’s the last thing you bought online? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What’s the last thing you bought online?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    24 AA batteries from Amazon, to be delivered tomorrow.

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    A book on cleaning tips, twas rubbish so I de cluttered and threw it in the recycling ...
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Cress said:
    A book on cleaning tips, twas rubbish so I de cluttered and threw it in the recycling ...
    Haha you have to be careful with those types of books. I once tried a tip out of something similar to remove a stain on a favourite T-Shirt of mine - it ended up pretty much behaving like bleach and totally ruined it lol
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I got set of 72 crayons and some textured art paper for my sons homeschooling art classes. 

Not only do you have to be teacher you have to provide the tools as well with this home schooling 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    @janer1967 must be hard for all parents with school age kids at the moment. Not only have you got to make sure their education is seen to you also have to constantly work out more inventive ways of keeping them entertained during lockdown :cry:
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @janer1967 my sister in law said that but in wales they gave all the hone school laptops books everything thry needed and now in lockdown 
  • janer1967
    @lisathomas50 not the case for our school they did get us to complete a survey about what devices each child had 

Mine uses his phone we have laptop but it is set up for me with my eye sight issues we also have iPad but he prefers his phone they do Microsoft team 
  • janer1967
    @BrettW mine is happy spending all his time on his xbox or netflix or his phone 

I do send him on errands tho to get him out for bit of exercise 

And we do baking and cooking together 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @janer1967 to be fair I was shocked how different things are considering borris Johnson is always going on about education they still havecthrir free school meals aseel 

Some of the children don't want to go back to school lol 

I know its a sore subject for some but open University is all online and people get degrees so children xan still learn 

Another another thread I have said how my stepson seems to be better learning at home than school he lices it 
  • Lisatho11987777
    My last thing i orderd on line were my bath bombs and pjs thst came yesterday 
  • Andy58
    Andy58 Community member Posts: 41 Pioneering
    I don't know wether I did the right thing or not considering my disability but I bought and had delivered this week one of those vibrating plate  "exercise" machines
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Andy58 I was considering one of those can you let me know how it goes and if its any good please 
  • Andy58
    Andy58 Community member Posts: 41 Pioneering
    @lisathomas50 it's early days yet but it certainly does what it says it does,  i haven't even tried half power yet and early reusults with a swollen ankle (fluid) looks promising
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I got some new clothes :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I ordered a pack of 24 AA batteries, £10.99 on Amazon, to come tomorrow.. I kind of dropped one there because Dad then brought me 2 packs of 24 from Pound Land for 2 quid! D'oh!

• Ross_Alumni
    I ordered a pack of 24 AA batteries, £10.99 on Amazon, to come tomorrow.. I kind of dropped one there because Dad then brought me 2 packs of 24 from Pound Land for 2 quid! D'oh!

You certainly won't be short of batteries there :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,613 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    The Poundland Kodak batteries don't last long tbh.  I use them for the Xbox controller as they're easy to change regularly and still works out cheaper, but use branded batteries in anything else, especially things that lose setting like radio controlled clocks/weather stations.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Can't beat Duracell in my opinion @OverlyAnxious, as far as batteries are concerned :) 

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I bought some toiletries from Superdrug online and the delivery was delayed so they emailed to say they had added £3 worth of points to spend on my account, then 2 days later it was delayed again and they added another £3, I eventually got the order about 16 days after placing it, but also £6 worth of free points to spend. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,569 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    @MarkN88 that’s a result :) well kind of!

It reminds me of when we had a poor internet service and whenever family members rang up to get it sorted they gave us £5 off as a gesture of goodwill, one month there were so many issues and so many calls they ended up paying us to use the service 

Brightness