How does a PIP award affect Work Capability Assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How does a PIP award affect Work Capability Assessment?

foxmanfires
foxmanfires Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all,

I just received the standard rate of the daily living PIP component. Working out how this affects other benefits is incredibly confusing and seems to designed on purpose to stop people from claiming what they’re entitled to.

My questions are related to getting a Work Capability Assessment while receiving PIP. From my research, it seems I can now be in employment while requesting a WCA because of the PIP award. However, if I am judged as having limited capacity for work, how long will that judgment last?

My health wanes throughout the year and I usually only work for a couple of months at a time. If I was judged as having limited capacity and then I went and got a job for two months, would that judgment stay in place or would I have to have another WCA once I am unemployed again? 

Thanks all! 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.