Pension Age - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pension Age

13»

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine you want the explanation here it is st the age of 14  I was put in care becsuse my mum had mental health problems  there were 6 other girls and 4 boys 

For two years the others maybe longer we were sexualy abused  locked in  our rooms  ridiculed when we told someone  those of us who could speak wearnt believed  who believes disabled teenagers  we were told every day we were scum should of been aborted  a burden on society 

One night we were locked as usual in our rooms  that night two lives were were gone couldnt tske sny more but saved the ones that were left 

To cut it short the truth came out as evidence of abuse was found we all got checked out those of us that could talk gave evidence took two years to get to court the home shut down straight away the people responsible taken away then on remand  two years later sentenced 

My name was changed along with the others  any benefits or anything like that we never have to fill forms in and we don't have to give previous addresses we are marked as vulnerable people there are lots of prople who don't have to fill in the forms because they are marked as vulnerable 

Does this now answer your question 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    All woodbine asked was did someone else make the call (to trigger your PIP review)? You didn't need to give any other explanation; that's all he asked.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chiarieds I am being called a liar and everything doesn't matter whst I say this bullying is to force me off the forum becsuse poppy has left I gave the explanation why I don't have to fill in forms now maybe people will stop picking and having a go 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    No-one has called you a liar; a simple question was asked, that's all. Knowing others experiences can often help future members. It was just asked if someone made a phone call on your behalf? Such questions are often asked to better help others, as I've said. If you don't want to say if someone else phoned on your behalf, that's fine.
    Just wondering, why do you think Poppy leaving might have anything to do with you? :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chiarieds because its been said 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chiarieds and when its  said it doesn't happen  and misinformation  and get a private message  saying the same 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    This needs to stop now because this harrassment has gone on on multiple threads now. Its time someone from Scope stepped in and dealt with it! :angry:
  • BrettW
    I’ve no intention of stepping in here but public complaints about other posts or posters are basically little more than points scoring. If you’ve an issue with something then, frankly, the justifications for saying so out loud are thin indeed. Click on the Flag button and report to Scope. 
    Already have
  • BrettW
    Actually Mike we do because remaining silent on situations where wrong doing is going on means that people are indirectly complicit in allowing it to continue.

I was brought up to speak out against something if a wrong doing was going on.

How many times have we heard from victims of various situations that people were aware of what was going on and chose to turn 'a blind eye' and that had they not the person would have been helped sooner or had the courage to seek help and deal with it.

'Turning a blind eye' is rarely referenced in a positive manner

As to your point of 'points scoring' again an incorrect assumption because if any of the people involved who are currently doing it were on the receiving end of it I would speak up for them as well

This is a case of personal morality and has nothing to do with gaining a personal advantage. 

I come on here to chat to people in a similar situation as mine and have a plesant experience and on the whole this is what happens here but there comes a point when people do need to speak up and say enough is enough when the status quo is being disrupted.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,627 Disability Gamechanger
    @lisathomas50 I just want to say im so sorry to read everything you went through in your life. It’s so sad you felt you had to share it. Stay strong and stay safe.
  • BrettW
    well we'll just have to agree to disagree Mike
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    This thread will be closed on the basis of: being derailed from the question posed by the OP, negative targeting of individual members and numerous comments that contravene the supportive principles underlying our online guidelines.  Please be mindful of your words.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.