PIP extended even with 4 years left. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP extended even with 4 years left.

Comments

• joethebear
    joethebear Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Thanks for support will keep you posted 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ross_Scope glad my review was done a year early then 
    why would it be a done year early? a year earlier than what ?
    <confused.com>
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    My pip wasn't due to be reviewed  until November 2021 but was done 20th November 2020 and was awarded on going which I have since been told is 10years 
  • woodbine
    @lisathomas50 so are you above SRP age? with "light touch reviews" ?

• Lisatho11987777
    @woodbine I am onlyv58  i just got a letter saying my review had taken place and my award for ongoing  first time thry fone it that early the rest is normal 
  • woodbine
    @woodbine I am onlyv58  i just got a letter saying my review had taken place and my award for ongoing  first time thry fone it that early the rest is normal 
    so you didn't't fill any renewal forms in? haven't we been here before?...more than once ?

• Lisatho11987777
    No I didnt fill a form in 
  • woodbine
    I should point out for the benefit of others that PIP cannot be renewed without filling in renewal forms and the renewal being assessed by HCP and the DWP.
    Hope that clears that one up once and for all.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    That's odd @lisathomas50 - due to the backlogs many current awards have been extended, yet yours was instead done not even 6 months, but 12 months early, & without even having to send a review form off; most odd. The rest of us sorry mortals do indeed have to complete & return a PIP renewal form.
  • Lisatho11987777
    If your claim is marked as vulnerable  and there is no change to report the evidence that has already been submitted is used and an award is made  which has happend phone dwp and ask for yourself  before accusing  and a claim can be reviewed a year before or at any time they want to review 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    No ones accusing any one of any thing it’s how it is you have to fill out a review form and it’s good that you didn’t have to Lisa but you usually have too and it’s good to treat the review as a new form and give as much info as you can . 
  • woodbine
    edited January 2021
    I'm afraid that in 99% of cases I would disagree, and we should bear in mind that most of the people who come here for help with PIP renewal would have had a PIP2 to complete, so I stand by my opinion, the interesting things is that the member above last week did suggest that they did complete said form.
    And lets be honest a high % of PIP claimants are vulnerable in some way or the other.
    But i've had my two penneth worth and I'm not getting back into last weeks arguments, life is to bloody short.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you, Mike, as ever giving the benefit of your knowledge. I did look into the link you provided to rightsnet as I'm one of those pedantic people that read info the better to understand. So, from what you've said, & that link, I'm hoping I grasp this. It seems that someone might make a call on another person's behalf, & that in itself is sufficient to start a PIP review, & the person in question wouldn't necessarily get a PIP2 form. Then the DWP may go with info the info they had received some years prior, or just have a token assessment due to a person's 'vulnerability'.
    Trying to remain objective, as I hope you know I do, on the balance of probabilities, would it seem likely that someone would make a call on behalf of someone else, one year before their PIP award was due to end?
  • Lisatho11987777
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Think this may be bit out of date ad it is now 6 months before in most cases and has been for a while now 
  • SOB
    SOB Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Why do I have a bad feeling about this extension to PIP, the DWP give in one hand then take it away with the other!
    I've had the same letter as well, but just don't trust the DWP. By now all of the legacy benefits should have switched over to UE!
    What about DLA, my review is long over the due date? I can imagine that there are a lot of worried ill folk out there, trying to hang on to PIP and DLA. So Covid - 19 is a mixed blessing. I'm close to retirement so both benefits will disappear and I will be
    worse off! But I will be lucky to live that long.  
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @SOB you can still receive PIP after retirement age.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    I think the last 12 months have been a massive strain on everyone @SOB - us and the DWP.

I personally think these extentions that the DWP have put into place are a good idea because unltimately they do help protect people on these benefits. We also need to remember that even when this crisis is over that the backlog will simply not just disappear overnight and that it will still need to be worked through, whilst still dealing with new incoming claims.

I know its hard on everyone being surrounded by all this uncertainty but at least measures haver been put into place to try and ensure everyone still receives the benefits they are entitled to until this entire situation can be resolved.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    My review was due March 2021, I received an extension in October until October 2021, then I had a review form in the post in December and now I’ve been awarded. So I wouldn’t say my area was particularly behind. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ptsd4ever
    Ptsd4ever Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I hope they haven't forgotten about me x my best friend got her extention letter 
    I didn't 
    Mine is to jan 2023 so i guess reassessment is jan 2022
    Due to my anxiety disorder 
    I have this date written and i keep worrying about it as if its a count down
    I really hope i get this letter to put my mind to ease a bit
    I even talked to my psychologist about it and she said thats my threat system taking over again... 
    Wish me luck 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.