Do I open a bank account in my name to have my daughter's benefits paid into, as I'm her appointee? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I open a bank account in my name to have my daughter's benefits paid into, as I'm her appointee?

Options
cobbles
cobbles Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi   Do i open a bank account just in my name to have my daughters benefits paid into as i am her appointee

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

I'm not too sure it depends if you want her to be able to access the account 

Some people have the account in just appointee name and then transfer money as and when  required into the claimants account so the appointee can control what goes in and out 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @cobbles as her appointee the money would usually be paid to you to then manage, yes. If you already have a bank account it can go into this, but some people do prefer a separate one just to make it easier to manage.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    Options
    I had my mum as power of attorney on my account from 16-32 years of age. The money went into mine and she drew out what was needed. Or you could set up standing orders to go out of her account into yours for electric,water,telephone,etc, if that's easier. I did that with mine. It stops any faffing about by you needing to go down and draw money out. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.