Suggestion for new forum feature. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Suggestion for new forum feature.

BrettW
BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
Would it be possible for Scope to add a 'LAST PAGE' link to the forums as some of the posts in the Coffee Lounge (especially the game ones) have an awful lot of pages and it takes a long time to scroll through them all to reach the final page to start playing.

Thanks

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately the '#latest' in the URL doesn't always seem to work (I have this problem too!), so I agree this would be a useful tool @BrettW. We are currently looking at ways to improve the usability of the community, so I'll add your comment to our list :) Thanks for the feedback! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Good idea 

If you access the thread through your email notification though it takes you to that comment so you dont have to scroll through 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Didn’t know that @janer1967, thanks :)
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    As you look at a thread on the main page it has the time of the last post on that thread, if this was made live ie a hotspot, you could click on that time and go to it straight away . That would mean you were accessing the latest post on the last page?
    Actually I suppose the time would be hypertext?
    just an idea @Tori_Scope

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Page numbers would also be useful.  This is the only forum I'm on without them so I'd be surprised if it was a platform limitation.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @OverlyAnxious I can't think of another forum i use that doesn't have page numbers.

If I were redesigning the forum i would split it into categories e.g separate one for benefits another for employment etc etc
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    We do have some pesky limitations at the moment, but I promise that this is something we're actively working on. We have a list of the suggestions that you've all made over time, plus our own, so I'll continue to add your feedback to this list. Please do share any more ideas you have about the platform so that we can make it more accessible and easy to use moving forwards! 

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Could I mention having a thank you button, again?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    edited January 2021
    We do have some pesky limitations at the moment, but I promise that this is something we're actively working on. We have a list of the suggestions that you've all made over time, plus our own, so I'll continue to add your feedback to this list. Please do share any more ideas you have about the platform so that we can make it more accessible and easy to use moving forwards! 
    Remember that Star sign topic I did last week? I couldn't get all the signs on it due to the 10 Poll option limit? Would that be fixable?

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Remember that Star sign topic I did last week? I couldn't get all the signs on it due to the 10 Poll option limit? Would that be fixable?

Again, this is something on our wish list. As Tori mentioned, we have some limitations that frustrate us at times but we are actively working towards improving some of these things.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Scope's 'sticky' posts. Whilst usually you want to see the last reply in a post, I feel with these it would rather be advantageous to be taken to Scope's actual message, i.e. to the top. I do give links to these, but sometimes need to say, 'scroll to the top', as this isn't immediately obvious especially to some newcomers trying to work things out. Thank you.
  • Tori_Scope
    Good point @chiarieds. For the time being, if you remove #latest from the end of the URL, it should mean that you'd be taken to the top of the post, rather than the latest comment. For example:

https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/75929/coping-with-stress-low-mood-and-isolation-a-support-thread#latest
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/75929/coping-with-stress-low-mood-and-isolation-a-support-thread

I know that it's a bit of a faff though, so I've made a note of that too. 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @Tori_Scope - that's helpful for now, & certainly makes sense, as it says 'latest,' so hopefully I'll remember. :)
    May I also plead (have previously mentioned this to Adrian) that we get a link put back to the 'Online advice & Support,' & 'Support Services.' The number of times I've forgotten to save a draft of a message when having to go back to the main site, then click on either of the above, find a link, then click back to leave such a link in a message (to find I've lost the message!).....Could possibly the 'Discussion Groups' section, say 'Discussion Groups & Support,' then, if needed, remove 'Recent discussions' under that, as there's already a header for that, so it's duplicated, & put 'Support' in there for example? Pretty please. :)

Brightness