Romina Puma on disability, dating and the myths about wheelchair users’ sexuality. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Romina Puma on disability, dating and the myths about wheelchair users’ sexuality.

2»

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @cartha trying talking to scope they might be able to help give them a ring on the helpline or email if you don't want to talk I know its hard 

Sometimes you have to reach out and help comes in unexpected  ways I am the same different sge in my head 

The situation with the pandemic  could go on for a whilst yet  so getting any sort of help is good it is only a suggestion 

Take care ? 
  • cartha
    cartha Community member Posts: 1,390 Pioneering
    Thank you, @lisathomas50. I'll send them an email later. :-)  You take care, too. How are you doing? You said you had the virus. Did you get it very bad? Hope you don't mind me asking.

• Lisatho11987777
    @cartha I am still testing positive I have been in bed I couldnt get up I had oxygen aswel I had a nurse looking after  me at home 

My white blood cells are concerningly low as I have lupus and this is the 3rd time I have had corona virus  I had ti be taken to hospital yesterday for an mri I was still on the group lol I got bored  I got back last night and the nurse put me on a drip at hone as I only needed it overnight 

I havent got corona virus symptoms now just the after affects but I xant get down stairs I am still poorly I have git the nurse fir another week 

Being in here has helped keep me going although it has caused me stress aswll 

I am glad that your going to email them its worth it you can tell them you are on the forum 

Hope  they can help you 

Tske  care 
  • cartha
    Good to hear you're on the mend, @lisathomas50. I think with Lupus that your body doesn't produce a good immune response (is that correct?) so your body can't defend you as easily from being reinfected. Hopefully they will find out for sure why some people are affected so much more than others with this virus. There seem to be a number of factors, including amount of vitamin D, blood type, etc. People I know who have been on oxygen have recovered but some take a very long time. Glad you're on the mend. Do you know where you caught it?  I'm worried about hospitals at the moment. Two people I know caught the virus from a hospital. Neither were in Wales. Our local hospital seems to have stopped appointments at the moment. A&E is open because I was taken there in September. I'm off to bed shortly. Seems quiet in here tonight. Take care :-)

• Lisatho11987777
    @cartha the first time I was a carer in the community I was on a ventilator poorly for 8 weeks  they told meci could get it again si stayed in but I had a hospital spointnrnt at morrisons hospital and I got it again  this time I got when I went for my eye test after my cataract operation 

I didnt have a good immune system in first place becsuse of my lupus  thats why I cant have the vavine my body will regret it and fight against it and I would be poorly 

It will take me a whilst to get better this time  though 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    I saw this video yesterday and thought it was perfect for this thread!  Let me know what you think :)

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • cartha
    The way things are these days I think a birth like that would be all over Youtube in no time!

I suppose you can be as tall as you like with the right wheelchair

• Lisatho11987777
    @cartha did you email scope  hope your feeling a bit better now 
  • cartha
    @cartha did you email scope  hope your feeling a bit better now 
    Hi Lisa, not yet. Head has been playing up lately. How are you doing?

Brightness