Hi I'm pollypocket334! I sent my PIP form in October and still haven't heard back. Is that normal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm pollypocket334! I sent my PIP form in October and still haven't heard back. Is that normal?

pollypocket334
pollypocket334 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I’m pollypocket 334 ?
I submitted my PIP form last October and I haven’t had a reply yet is this right ?? I’m getting quite annoyed about it 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome on board 

This is quite normal unfortunately and they have huge backlogs at the moment and under staffed 

Your case is probably with the assessment agency waiting to set up an assessment 

If you are concerned you can contact pip helpline and ask about progress 
  • pollypocket334
    Hi 
    Thank you for the prompt reply 
    Ive sent off a huge pile of medical paperwork . There was quite a lot to get through all my hospital notes test results etc . Would they call me in for a face to face leaving it this long ?  I’ve had 3 face to face assessments already on my past applications . 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

There are no f2f assessments currently they are phone assessments 

Sending in loads of evidence isnt always the best less is more . They only need relevant evidence that details how your daily living is impacted and medical letters dont include this ad your doctors dint see you trying to dress, prepare meals, bathing etc 

Some claimants get paper based assessments but these are rare 

I presume as you say you have claimed b4 this is a review rather than 1st claim 
  • pollypocket334
    Yes I was admitted to hospital last year after quite a serious illness I updated the helpline after coming out of hospital . I updated my claim 
  • pollypocket334
    Have to go now I’ll catch up with you later . Thanks for your help ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pollypocket334 - & welcome to the community. I'm pleased Jane has been able to answer your query. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @pollypocket334

Welcome to the community, I hope you are well. As mentioned above, your current wait isn't abnormal, and the pandemic certainly has slowed things down with most of DWP employees working from home and having a large backlog.  However though I acknowledge it is super frustrating waiting for everything to progress so hopefully they will be in touch soon.

Face to face assessments aren't happening at the moment so, depending on when they contact you for your turn, you may be requested to attend a phone assessment.

Again, a warm welcome to the community and I hope to see you around :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • anxiousbird
    anxiousbird Community member Posts: 162 Pioneering
    Hi polly
    i also submitted my forms in October and am still waiting fir an assessment. I saw a few people on here who submitted theirs around about the same time as mine and they’ve already had an assessment. Just depends on the area you live in I guess. May I ask which area do you live in? I’m from north east 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @pollypocket334 :) I hope the comments above have put your mind at ease a bit. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.