Looking for help with applying for Enhanced PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for help with applying for Enhanced PIP

Dappaman786
Dappaman786 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi.

A few years back I was in receipt of the Enhanced Carers and standard mobility.  After a heart attack I informed PIP, who subsequently after an assessment denied my full claim.
I waited 2 years for a tribunal.  Meantime they re-instated my standard carers portion.
At the tribunal I couldn't remeber the time period they were asking me about properly so they upheld ATOSs decision.

That was a year ago.
My conditions have deteriorated even more, but I'm scared of applying again in case they take it away.
Can anyone please help and advise me how and what to do now, especially in the current conditions.

Thank you in advance.

Amin

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

I presume you still get standard rate of daily living ? And are thinking you should now get enhanced ? 

You can report a change in circumstances which will prompt a new assessment but you do risk your current award 

Another option is to wait for your review dependant on when that is due 

Remember pip isnt awarded on diagnosis but on how your daily living and mobility are affected 

If you have any further questions just ask 
  • Dappaman786
    Hi Janer 1967.
    thank you for your reply.

I'm scared of reporting a change due to my previous experience.

I'm not sure when my next review is due to COVID.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I understand your concern 

I know covid affects reviews but when is your award due to end ? 

I would get some expert advice before doing anything either from welfare rights or cab 

Also look at your last report and where you got points and where you think your chsnged condition would get you more 

At the end of the day it can only be your decision 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @Dappaman786 hi and welcome, your next review will begin 6 months before your current award ends, it might be extended but even if it is be prepared that it might still happen 6 months before the original date.

As for reporting a change of circumstances there is always a chance you will lose what you have, so you would need to get help, try your local welfare rights.

As @janer1967 rightly points out PIP isn't awarded for an illness or condition but for the care needs that arise.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Dappaman786
    I'll try and find out.

Thank you
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dappaman786 :) It looks like you've had some good advice from our members already, which is great! Here are a couple of the links mentioned above:
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.