Will my pip stop if I ask for MR? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will my pip stop if I ask for MR?

Options
fizzy123
fizzy123 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hey all

I recently got awarded pip but only for daily living standard rate, I think I should have received the mobility component too as that’s where most my issues are. The decision maker stated in the letter that I said I could walk 100 yards which I believe I did say but what I meant was 100 feet, now I’m wondering if I could ask for MR an get that clarified an if so would the pip award stop till I get a decision? 

Also I’ve been on esa for the last 2 years an have been placed in the work activity group, is it possible to ask for a early assessment to see if I could be moved to support group? 

I’ve suffered with a lung condition for the last few years which has changed the way I have to mange life day to day an I felt the esa decision was wrong when I got it last year but I didn’t challenge it as I didn't want to go through the whole process/stress but now that things are getting too difficult I have no choice but ask for extra help.

Thank you for any advice. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @fizzy123 - sorry you've had problems with PIP as regards your mobility. When you request a MR they will look at your whole award again with another Decision Maker. Your current PIP award would stay in place until this is looked at again.
    I'm sorry I'm unable to advise about your ESA, tho I thought if you were in work related activity group your payments would stop after 365 days. Would you check please, as the amount you receive will probably show which group you are currently in. It is:
    up to £74.35 a week if you’re in the work-related activity group
    up to £113.55 a week if you’re in the support group
    This might help others to advise further if you would kindly check.

• fizzy123
    fizzy123 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    I currently get £74.35 a week for my esa. I had my assessment in February last year but because of covid I didn’t get my decision letter till September so I’m assuming they won’t contact me till it’s closer to September but I don’t want to wait till then.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope may be able to help you more 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.