What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

If I move in with a new partner, what would we be entitled to claim as a couple? We get PIP and UC

charlie321charlie321 Member Posts: 21 Listener
Hi if I move in with new partner what would we be intltilted to claim as a couple we both recieve p.i.p and u.c and both unable to work 


  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,118 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes if you live as a couple you would have to claim as a couple, although you PIP would remain individual.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • charlie321charlie321 Member Posts: 21 Listener
    Would only one of us recieve the sickness part of the u.c
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,639

    Scope community team

    Hello @charlie321

    Hope you are well. Have you tried using a benefits calculator to have an estimate of your entitlements?
    Online Community Coordinator

    Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

    Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 1,770 Pioneering
    edited January 29
    Would only one of us recieve the sickness part of the u.c
    Yes, only one LCWRA element is payable even if you both have LCWRA. However one of you could say that you care for the other which would allow one of you to get the carer element included and the other to get the LCWRA element. Just make sure that if you are asked what sort of care you give doesn't contradict the reasons you have LCWRA.

    If you move in together you both need to report the change in your journals and DWP will then link the claims. One of you will receive the payments for you both.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.