Relationship issues - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Relationship issues

2»

Comments

• coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    I have had thoughts along those lines lol.  Thank you for making me smile x
  • coylygirl
    I'm finding it hard to keep my **** together
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Do you have someone you trust that you can talk to?
    Even a help line might give you some comfort untill you're feeling better able to cope, this must be a big shock for you to have to deal with, but focus on yourself, take it easy on yourself and you will get through this, don't try and cope on your own.
    Things will get better, take care.

• coylygirl
    Thank you so muc x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It wont help if you are holding it in and putting a brave face on so he doesn't know you have found him out 

You need space to heal and be able to let your feelings out the sooner you get him away from you the better. Yes you will miss him but better than it is now 

I spent 3 years of hell suspecting my husband was cheating but didnt do anything for sake of our son but tbh when it all came to a head it was a huge relief.  It was still heartbreaking finding out my suspicions were right 

So for yourself a favour and dont drag it out 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @coylygirl - I have no particular words of wisdom, nor have I been in your situation, however, to me, to love a person I also felt you should like them too. In other words, respect each other, &, as you mention, trust.
    If you still have strong feelings for him, talking may be the way forward; only you can know.
  • coylygirl
    He has been sexting her and now wants me to go upstairs and....  There are no feelings left
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    So sorry to hear coylygirl
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    You don't have to do anything you don't want to do @coylygirl. Let us know how you get on with speaking to the bank :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Cress said:
    ...and in the meantime clean the dogs bum with his toothbrush....
    Best wishes.
    My opinions are my own and
     do not necessarily represent the scope website...
    That made me laugh out loud ! hope it doesn't give senior management any ideas :)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Not funny errrl
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @coylygirl How are things going?  Please let us know if you need any support and I really do hope the situation has gotten better for you  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • coylygirl
    An update for you, things came to a head on Monday and the police were in attendance and took him away.  I had a full blown Bipolar relapse and am extremely manic.  Fortunately I had already contacted my GP who was amazing and referred me to Mental Health Team.  I am being supported by Home Treatment Team, Psychiatrist and 24 hour helpline.  They are currently sorting my meds which hopefully will be here this afternoon.  Currently on high dose of Diazepam for my anxiety and mania and it is helping.  After 48 hours awake and hypervigilance, I finally got 6 hours sleep last night.  Getting all the support I need from professionals and my amazing friends. Feeling the love and so much gratitude.  The police have had a word in his shell-like so he hasn't contacted me since Monday and is blocked anyway.  Pressing charges for the assault which is classified as ABH.  Feeling slightly more in control and making a simple, manageable plan for every day.  Am so grateful this forum.  Best wishes to all xxx
  • janer1967
    Hi @coylygirl
    Thanks for the update I hope you are ok 

It sounds like you have a plan and support to get through all this 

All you can do is take it one step at a time 

I'm sorry it came to you being assaulted that must have been very scary and glad the police are taking action 

We are always here to give you all support we can 

Big massive virtual hug x x 

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi glad your getting your life sorted so pleased for you 

You can try and move forward now with the support you have 

I wish you all the best 

Take care ? 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @coylygirl

Thank you so much for taking the time to update us on the situation.  It sounds like you have had a rough week and I'm so sorry it got to that point :(  

It's great to hear you are getting lots of support from friends and mental health services.  Always remember our community is here for you whenever you need us  <3  Look after yourself lovely. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • coylygirl
    Thank you so much for that, am feeling the love.  I have a manageable plan for today which includes getting some fresh air.  I have bubbled up with another household in my village so will be able to have some company  Blessings to you and yours xxx
  • coylygirl
    I had been relatively stable for about 3 years and was looking for work and planning a move up country.  So benefits agency took away my PIP 2 months ago.  My income has halved and I am struggling financially.  Can I reapply for my PIP after what has happened?  TIA x
  • janer1967
    Hi again 

Regarding pip I would appeal the decision you had 2 months ago if you didnt appeal at the time rather than put in new claim 

You can actually appeal up to 13 months after if you explain reading for not appealing within the month as stated 

I would contact welfare rights for some expert advice 
  • coylygirl
    It's my daughter's 20th birthday tomorrow and I have had no contact with her for a year as she is in a dark place and she emailed me telling me I am not her mother and not to contact her - this was last March.  I am going to email her some Amazon vouchers and just say "always thinking of you".  I have a simple plan in place for tomorrow to distract me :)

Brightness