How do you relax - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you relax

1235»

Comments

• endowarrierqueen96
    endowarrierqueen96 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    This is a list of things to try

Sleeping pills
    Exercise 
    Meditation, breathing exercises and yoga 
    Reading at night in bed
    No phones 
    Talking to a therapist etc
    Changing your sleep routine
    Eating prior to bed

• emzixox
    emzixox Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    I love a bath with a bath bomb to relax but also find hot showers easier then I put my wax burner on listen to music read or watch  Netflix/YouTube trying help my friend with cp grow his channel some good videos to watch https://youtu.be/SEVzBd43cB4
  • emzixox
    emzixox Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    Going on my vibration plate also makes me feel lovly and relaxed after
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Bagpipe teachers but no banjo teacher @Seanchai? :D Yes, thank goodness for home computers. It's good that your wife is encouraging too, I'm sure she enjoys it really :smiley:
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Thanks Tori ....I just enjoy the feeling of achieving something each day ....also "  " The chase" on TV .( although I,m not as quick with the mind as I used to be 
    I see you like nice smelling candles but are a bit wary of fire , my wife has loads of yankee candles .... but for Christmas she got a lovely present from our sons girlfriend .She makes wax melts , she also gave us a ' touch light ' that melts the wax slowly and  puts a lovely smell through the house.  Although we need nice smelling things in the house  as my bulldog can clear a room. in ten seconds flat with his " odours"???
    We are very safety conscious ( just like yourself Tori) and I am not sure about candles ???
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I have loved reading all your different ways of relaxing I will be trying  some of the different ways  I am glad I started the thread 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I think candles are generally quite safe, I'm just over cautious :D@Seanchai. The wax melts and touch light sound lovely. 

I like The Chase too! Who is your favourite chaser? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I think candles are generally quite safe, I'm just over cautious :D@Seanchai. The wax melts and touch light sound lovely. 

I like The Chase too! Who is your favourite chaser? 
    Favourite Chaser? Toss up between Mark Labett or Jenny Ryan for me, mainly Jenny because even though she's a Lancashire girl and I'm a Yorkie (Wars of the Roses and all that lol) I reckon she's gorgeous.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    I like the big fella ( mark )  ...although i had to laugh when Anne got Beaten during the week , Bradley asked "what happened Anne "?....she replied that she just did not know the answer,s to the questions ?
    Yep Tori ... candles are like any naked flame,  dangerous if not used safely . , We had a villager burned their house down with a candle flame catching the curtains , luckily they survived ?? I know one fella who came in from the pub and put on the chip pan .....sat down and fell asleep , it was the fumes that killed him .
    In a village not far from us , a woman and her five children lost their lives in a house fire ....they do not know what started the fire . Godbrest them all .?

Brightness