What’s the last thing you bought online? - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What’s the last thing you bought online?

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    66Mustang said:
    @MarkN88 that’s a result :) well kind of!

It reminds me of when we had a poor internet service and whenever family members rang up to get it sorted they gave us £5 off as a gesture of goodwill, one month there were so many issues and so many calls they ended up paying us to use the service 
    Always a bonus I say. 

I didn’t mind the extra wait for the extra points, ha.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Can't beat Duracell in my opinion @OverlyAnxious, as far as batteries are concerned :) 
    Why pay extra for Duracell when you can get 12 batteries from Poundland for less than a fifth of the price of 6 Duracells?

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Because with poundland batteries you get what you pay for...

• MarkM88
    Can't beat Duracell in my opinion @OverlyAnxious, as far as batteries are concerned :) 
    Why pay extra for Duracell when you can get 12 batteries from Poundland for less than a fifth of the price of 6 Duracells?

I did just that a while back on a money saving exercise and they didn’t even work, replaced them with Duracell and hey they worked, so not sure what happened there. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger

Because the Duracells last a lot longer.  I get through 2 or 3 pairs of Kodaks in the Xbox controller in the same time that one pair of Duracells lasts.  It does still work out cheaper to buy the Kodaks but is more hassle.  Some items (cameras in particular) won't work at all with cheaper batteries.  There are also environmental reasons to use fewer batteries.  And then the final reason is for people with mobility issues that have to wait for someone to come in to change clock batteries, it's better to pay the extra for batteries that last longer.  It's horses for courses at the end of the day.  :)
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2021

Because the Duracells last a lot longer.  I get through 2 or 3 pairs of Kodaks in the Xbox controller in the same time that one pair of Duracells lasts.  It does still work out cheaper to buy the Kodaks but is more hassle.  Some items (cameras in particular) won't work at all with cheaper batteries.  There are also environmental reasons to use fewer batteries.  And then the final reason is for people with mobility issues that have to wait for someone to come in to change clock batteries, it's better to pay the extra for batteries that last longer.  It's horses for courses at the end of the day.  :)
    On the contrary I use Poundland batteries in both my cameras and they mostly work no problems, although I did buy some slightly more expensive batteries from Home Bargains about a month ago that seem to still be going strong, I only paid £1.59 for 12.

Back on topic, I ordered a Fred Flintstone cosplay costume on eBay Thursday morning and it's just come today, the seller used second class post as well so I gave them positive feedback this afternoon for very prompt dispatch and delivery.

I just wish I could find a Wilma or even a Betty to cosplay with lol.

• [Deleted User]
    I bought Hitman 3 on the Xbox Store today, not bad but I'm rubbish at stealth games :(

I also bought the Season Pass for WWE 2K20 which includes most of the current add ons and also the WWE Smackdown Legends add on which includes the late Chyna, and a few other stars including Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

• [Deleted User]
    Following a phone call to Plusnet yesterday, I had to buy a Powerline Adaptor to get fast Fibre, £28 on Amazon, fortunately Dad owes me some money so he let me buy it on his credit card.

• Andy58
    Andy58 Community member Posts: 41 Pioneering
    2 smart bulbs delivered today, now lazy me can tell Alexa to turn the light off
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    My house is full of them @Andy58 and I have a lightstrip behind my monitor that changes colour to match whats on screen for a bit of ambiance.

I use Phillips Hue stuff and its all set up to turn lights on and off automatically and I can just ask Alexa to turn the living room what ever colour I want to set a mood. The bedroom lights are set so that they cycle slowly different colours then slowly dim and turn off at a set time so I don't have to worry about falling asleep with the lights on.

Hue is expensive but they have a very long lifetime and save a fortune in the long run over normal bulbs.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Just ordered some flowers online for senior management to cheer her up when they arrive. might even get me in the good books for 48 hours !  <3
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
  • MarkM88
    I bought some new pyjamas that arrived today. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    A heavily discounted Regatta fleece...  Saw them on HUKD on Thursday, ordered one straight away with free postage and it arrived Friday lunchtime!  
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    <ears **** up at sound of @OverlyAnxious 's bargain>

My last purchase was some ginger shampoo and conditioner from the Body Shop which has personally helped me so much in eliminating dry scalp symptoms.  (Disclaimer - other good shampoos and conditioners are available in various outlets)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    As you can see, my post was censored  :D  I'll leave it in to give you all a good giggle.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
  • jonnybairstow545
    jonnybairstow545 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Recently I bought Dermablend powder foundation and It is perfect for sensitive skin.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jonnybairstow545 :) Welcome to the community! Just to let you know, I've removed the link from your signature as it appeared to be advertising products. We don't allow advertising on the community, as is outlined in our house rules.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Just ordered from Occado for a few M&S treats. yum
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness