My goal today - Page 35 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    I kind of achieved a goal today, I got my gamer score to over 300 so far this month on Xbox thanks to Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 and Fuser, mainly Fuser.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,581 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • 66Mustang
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Bumping this up

I just had a great idea...My current goal is to eat less unnecessary food...I also love good quality food from farm shops and the like but can never justify the money they ask for their produce

So instead of buying snacks every day, I’m putting the money away then occasionally, once a fortnight or so, I will buy some really nice snacks from a farm shop or other similar craft type shop. 

This means I spend the same amount but buy less snacks, but better quality, so better for my health

I feel a bit guilty going to posh farm shops as someone living on benefits, I guess the Daily Mail would love that as a story, but on the other hand if I’m saving the money up then why shouldn’t I? :smiley:
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great idea @66Mustang! ? a bit like quality rather than quantity, great stuff.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    Options
    @leeCal  yes exactly that, quality over quantity :smiley: thanks :)
  • 66Mustang
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Just got my laptop booked in for a repair :smiley:

I thought I’d have to wait until the Apple stores were open - they are closed due to the lockdown - but I managed to arrange a repair online. They are going to send me a box to send my laptop off. :)

They have a live chat facility which I found really helpful as I am unable to use the phone. I could arrange it all myself via the chat  so pleased about that. I think Apple really support people with issues and disabled people.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Based on that new phone topic I did towards the end of last week, I'm tempted to get an Iphone as my next phone now that Itunes doesn't need to be downloaded on a PC to be used.. I did used to think Apple fans were a bit like Sony fans, a bit daft lol.

• 66Mustang
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @MrAllen1976 I wouldn’t disagree, and that’s coming from an Apple fan. There are a lot of serious devotees who would buy a ? if you put an Apple logo on it, but to be honest their products are actually pretty good! :)

Edited as it was censored - I used a word that begins with T, ends with D and has UR in the middle. I didn’t know that was offensive but apologies if it is!
  • leeCal
    Options
    The thing I don’t like about my iPad is the battery. Right now it’s mostly ok but when it goes ...then what?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    Options
    @leeCal that’s a valid point...you have to send it to Apple (or a third party repairer if you trust them) to put a new one in.
  • leeCal
    Options
    Really? @66Mustang do you know roughly how much it costs?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    Options
    The Apple website says it’s £99 for a new battery for an iPad

However, I believe if it holds less than 80% of its charge, while it’s under warranty, it is considered faulty and will be replaced for free
  • leeCal
    Options
    Thanks @66Mustang, considering the price of a new iPad I suppose £99 isn’t bad. I’ve had my present one for about six years now and I use it everyday all day. The battery is still more or less fine if I charge it once a day. I’ve noticed sites with heavy graphics or YouTube tends to wear it down but normal surfing is okay. So can’t complain.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    leeCal said:
    The thing I don’t like about my iPad is the battery. Right now it’s mostly ok but when it goes ...then what?
    Yeah a few years back I had an Iphone 3G, the battery life sucked, didn't even last a full 24 hours.

Brightness