I feel like a freak — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel like a freak

Ibelive2020
Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
Have you éver félt nőt wanted ? Yes thats how i feel atm nőt wanted ignored and im trying my best dönt seem good enough oh well 

Comments

• ajc457
    ajc457 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi 

I am so sorry you feel like that, I wish I could take away your pain. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Ibelive2020

Firstly, a big squeezy virtual hug from me.  You are doing amazingly well coping with the lockdown and home-schooling your kids, and are far from a freak.  You are a lovely, kind-natured, funny, friendly person and all your friends on the community would back me up there :)

I know you've felt a bit wobbly lately, and I want to reiterate the support that @Tori_Scope signposted you to last week.  If ever you need to chat to someone, please contact:
    • SHOUT: text SHOUT to 85258 to speak to a volunteer over text
    • Samaritans: ring 116 123, or email jo@samaritans.org for 24/7 support
    Has anything in-particular happened today?  If you want to talk more about it, please do.  You won't get any judgement here and it's a safe space surrounded by people who want the best for you  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I often wonder "Why am I here?!" was I just put on this Earth to make up the numbers in an already overpopulated world? I can't get a job due to disability, I'm still single at nearly 45, and I'm also a virgin, and I failed everything except typing at school 30 years ago in June.

I currently live alone in a 1 bedroom Housing Association Flat, with regular visits from the carers, before the Housing disbanded their "Cluster project" about 11 years ago they had a good social vibe and regular outings, but like everything the funding got stopped.

I do prefer living alone in a 1 bed place though, I tried shared living when I was a student and hated it, and not just for the simple fact I could never get in the bathroom in a morning unless I got up at daft o'clock before everyone else.

• Ibelive2020
    @ajc457 thanks @Cher_scope think alot of things áré getting on top of me atm and thanks virtual húgs back xx
  • Ibelive2020
    @MrAllen1976 you was put on this earth because your meant tó be and so what if your still a virgin your nőt missing out on much lol 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ibelive2020 sorry you're feeling down atm, some good advice from Cher, i know it might not help but I think most of us are feeling fed up with lockdown, but springs round the corner and hopefully an end to lockdown.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ibelive2020 you are wanted and you are loved your children love you I love you as my friend  I am always here for you and you know that whatever time of day or night 

Love you loads my funky chicken friend xxx
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    You're just having an off day @Ibelive2020 we all have them :disappointed:  You are not a freak xxx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    You mean the world to your family and that's a lot more than some people have 

You have a lot to deal with and should be proud of all you do 

Keep your chin up try think of what you have rather than what you dont 
    Current times are hard 

You know you have support here 

• Ibelive2020
    @janer1967 i mean the world tó my partner and kids thats áll i have as i got brought up in care 3 my siblings have died my műm is dead and i have just found out through my local paper thát my dad died in dec 2020 my rémaining sister who has my number dos nőt tx me 2 Lét me know so yep i missed my dads funeral she done sámé when my műm died and she took 14 thousand pound off hér and áll hét jewellery we have nőt spoken for 16 months she has not éver -met my son whos 3 and shes nőt --bőthered tó come c hér nieces and nephews for 5 years so yep such a lovely sister i have she éven máde horrible remarks about my dead baby 
  • Ibelive2020
    @BrettW Thanks xx @lisathomas50 love you tóo xxx
  • Ibelive2020
    @woodbine thanks bút its got nothing tó do with lockdown idc bout lockdown i rarely go out anyway
  • Scottyboy
    Scottyboy Community member Posts: 47 Courageous
    @MrAllen1976 As a man of a similar age, I understand parts of what you are saying. Its clear that you are comparing yourself to other people (which is easy to do), but you have to remember that you have a purpose, it may not be obvious sometimes, but you have to believe that. And you have to try and come to terms with who you are and to acknowledge that life just isn't fair. But that does not mean that you cannot carve out a happy and fulfilling life for yourself. Have you thought about some therapy to begin to talk through how you feel?

Brightness