PIP success stories on mental health grounds? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP success stories on mental health grounds?

Options
13»

Comments

• Leelink
    Leelink Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    I have aspergers and anxiety and depression. Scored 0 on the assessment. Scored 0 at MR. Decided to go to tribunal. Got a letter saying they looked into it again and awarded me enhanced for both for ongoing. Its definitely a process but you just gotta keep going and eventually get there. Don't think its over just because you don't get what you want at assessment stage. 
  • kimbychick
    kimbychick Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    Thanks @Leelink. That's great you got an ongoing award also. I'm glad you kept fighting and didn't give up. 
  • johnsmith187
    johnsmith187 Community member Posts: 71 Pioneering
    Options
    Also @chiarieds I would appreciate it that if you have a problem with one of my comments you contact admin instead of going on another thread and spreading false rumours about me trying to incite a pile on. I made one comment to woodbine disagreeing with his assumption that success stories have no value to op (something op herself has disputed several times) and I've had four 'respected members' jump on this thread to condescend and speak passively aggressive towards me and if that isn't enough you took it upon yourself to then mention our exchange in yet another thread falsely accusing me of 'disrespecting another member'. And making a condescending remark about how many posts I've made. 

Like I've asked several times if you have a problem with one of my comments please take it up with admin. Thank you.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thread closed pending review.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Firstly, I'd like to say to @kimbychick that I'm sorry you're thread was so heavily derailed, and that you regret making your post. Your original post in no way broke the community guidelines, and it's perfectly understandable that you'd want to seek reassurance from other members regarding their experiences of PIP reviews. Although this thread is now closed, I do hope that you'll feel comfortable making posts again in the future. I'd encourage you to do this if you have any further questions about the PIP review process, or queries about anything else you're experiencing. 

As is so often stated on the community, it'd be easy to think from reading through the posts in our PIP category that everyone has a negative experience with the PIP process, when this is not the case. We therefore welcome members to share their positive experiences and success stories, as it can serve as a source of comfort that people do receive the awards they deserve. 

That being said, it is of course important to note that not everyone's experience will be the same. Two people with the same diagnosis can receive very different awards, depending on how their condition/s affect them. A simple 'I understand that it's reassuring to hear success stories from those in a similar situation to you, but it's important to remember that two people with the same diagnosis may not receive the same award' would suffice. 

We've left many reminders about this on the community, particularly recently, but this is another reminder that all members need to consider their tone when writing a comment or post here on the community. People will interpret comments in different ways, so it's important to ensure that all comments are polite and on-topic, and do not consist of personal attacks against other users. This includes comments that could be interpreted as passive-aggressive.

I'm going to share once again a useful reminder that Adrian put together a while ago:
    Before you respond to a post, think:
    • Am I feeling preoccupied, anxious, inadequate, physically uncomfortable and tired? Am I making assumptions?
    • Do I feel a strong urge to be right rather than looking to offer advice, help find solutions, support and empathise with the other person?
    • Am I looking at the post from my point of view, rather than the other person’s?
    • Is it worth engaging and potentially making a bad situation worse? Should I step away and perhaps report the post?
    It's perfectly fine to step back from a post and consider whether a further response is needed. If you feel as though a post or comment has broken the community guidelines, please use the report function and step away from the thread until the community team can review it. 

Regarding post count, we value appropriate comments from all members, regardless of the number of times they have posted, or how long they've been a member of the community.  

I'm going to leave this thread closed for now, as I think it's run its course, and the comments will be reviewed tomorrow.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness