Help towards new windows — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help towards new windows

Options
ketokid
ketokid Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
Good afternoon, my partner and i both get pip, we really need new windows but are worried about the cost , are there any schemes or grants that we could apply for please ? Thanks.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Do you own your own home or is it rented I presume it is your own as if rented would be landlord responsibility 

I'm not aware of any schemes but others may know 
  • ketokid
    ketokid Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Options
    Sorry forgot to say its my partners own house 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ketokid some local councils  will accept grant applications for private  housing but you would have to contact them and see if you qualify 

You can also contact  citizens advice  and you could also contact social services and ask them for advice aswel 

Other than that you could contact your local councilor  or have a look online 

Hope that this helps 
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Options
    @ketokid yes there is a deal , it’s the green deal that the government have organised. It’s for loft and underfloor insulation as well as windows. Hope that helps you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.