I had no notice for my PIP assessment, so am expecting to get rejected. I'm worried. Any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had no notice for my PIP assessment, so am expecting to get rejected. I'm worried. Any advice?

Tatoo07
Tatoo07 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was admitted to Hospital in June 2020 after having a mental Health Breakdown. I spent a few months in hospital and was discharged in September. I was diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder and General Depression Disorder. I was advised to put in a PIP claim which I did in Oct 2020.I have changed medication several times since September due to reactions and am now on medication used for Bipolar. I informed the DWP every time something changed. I received no letter at all for the telephone assessment and then out of the blue I had a phone call from a Nurse who said she needed to go through my form. I answered her questions and the call took no more than 10 mins. I received a text from DWP saying they had received my assessment report. I am worried now as I had no notice for the Assessment so I am expecting to get rejected.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Around 7 days after the assessment you can phone the DWP and ask for a copy of the assessors report this will give you and idea of the award (if there is one) as the DM usually (but not always) go with the assessors recommendation.
    Good luck and welcome to scope @Tatoo07
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tatoo07

thanks, am I right in thinking I should have been given notice of the assessment.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Not always my OH on her review 18 months ago just got a phone call from a DM few questions all of 10 minutes and award stayed the same. When people do get notice they tend to worry until the day comes, so at least that wasn't a problem for you.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    A short call may be an indication that the evidence is largely clear and they don’t need to check much. You should not draw any inferences from the length of the call.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tatoo07 - I just wanted to welcome you to this online community as I see your query has been answered above. Please do ask any other questions if needed, & I hope you are no longer feeling so worried over your assessment. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Tatoo07 :) I hope the above advice has been useful. Please do stick around and take a look through our list of recent discussions, and keep us updated on the outcome of your assessment. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Tatoo07
    If I need to appeal if rejected I could mention that.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.