Newbie looking to chat — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Newbie looking to chat

coylygirl
coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
edited February 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hi, my name's Nic and I'm a newbie.  I am bipolar and in crisis (manic phase).  I am being well supported by both professionals and friends.  Started my new meds regime today.  There was a delay due to being out of stock, but should kick in about a week.  In the meantime I have Diazepam to keep me calm.  Would love to chat to anyone and everyone   :)

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @coylygirl Hi Nic and welcome to scope glad you found us, great to hear you are being well supported and hopefully the new meds will kick in as expected.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• coylygirl
    Thank you, at least the diazepam is working in the meantime  :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Glad you are getting support and the meds kick in to help you 

• coylygirl
    Thank you, I'm glad is found this forum.  Truly is a life saver!  :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @coylygirl - thank you for introducing yourself, Nic, & we're all here to chat. You've been through a rough time, so I also hope your meds kick in soon. What sort of things are you interested in? :)
  • coylygirl
    Keep Fit, creative writing, Theatre, Films, Music.  Can only go for walks at the moment, but that is ok  :)  Thank you for your reply x
  • coylygirl
    My favourite band is Linkin Park but that's a bit too intense at the moment and thinking about Chester triggers me.  Currently listening to strong female artists x

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm all for keep fit, as I was a physio a long time ago, & now do the exercises I used to teach! I enjoy reading, listening to music & films too. You might enjoy our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where different topics come up about people's interests, hobbies & pets, to name just a very few. :)
  • coylygirl
    That sounds cool.  I have a personal trainer who is a real star.  HE has his own studio but unfortunately he has had to close due to Covid.  Bummer!  HE also does sports massage so an all rounder.  I will defo try the coffee lounge, thanks for the heads up  :)
  • coylygirl
    I can no longer afford the PT so will try to get a GP referral for exercise when this pandemic is over x
  • Richard09
    Richard09 Posts: 25 Connected
    Ok 
    Hi there Richard 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Which strong female artists are you listening to at the moment @coylygirl? You can always post what you're listening to in the music you're listening to thread :)

I'm really glad you're feeling well supported at the moment. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • coylygirl
    Thank you.  Destiny's Child, Pink, Kelly Clarkson among others  >:)
  • renenhan
    renenhan Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Hi Nik I'm new aswell hi I'm liann I Also have bi polar and cp so I no what your going through .I usually have a fitness regime in place at the gym but due to lockdown that's a no go for the time being x if you would like to chat anytime if your feeling your mood altering just give me a shout ok :expressionless x
  • coylygirl
    Hi Liann, thanks so much for your lovely message.  I haven't left the house for 3 weeks and have been advised not to go out alone for the time being as I'm suffering from blackouts.  I put a message on my village page for walking buddies and waiting for a response,  I have just bubbled up with another household so that should help.  How are you managing your bipolar and are you getting the support you need?  <3
  • renenhan
    Hi there I haven't been too bad my mood been stable for quiet a long time now although cuz of the pandemic I haven't been able to see my ongoing doctor .I feel for you of your going through a manic stage there vile of experienced them and then you come out of that you hit depressive episodes it sucks!x
  • renenhan
    I think bi polar is a complexed condition and on top of having a disability also can be challenging  .what kind of cp do you have if you don't mind me asking?
  • coylygirl
    Yeah, I had a relapse Monday as I kicked my ex-partner out and the police were involved.  High as a kite, but I'm on clonazepan which is a strong sedative.  I'm under the crisis team and have home treatment visit every day so you could say it;s the eye of the storm.  Paranoid about being sectioned but sure it won't come to that.  Concentrating on normalising eating and sleeping at the mo.  This Covid thing is  a nightmare  <3
  • renenhan
    Arh I'm sorry to hear that nic it's tough I think it's hard for partners to deal with sometimes because of the symptoms and episodes that come with you aren't alone theres other people who suffer aswell with it I'm open minded and good to talk to so don't suffer in silence if you need me only if you just need to talk I'm here best wishes x
  • coylygirl

Brightness