new health condition on top of exsiting one — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

new health condition on top of exsiting one

jojo7777
jojo7777 Community member Posts: 39 Listener
hi help eeded,last year had an over the phone assesment for wca,and was told that id need a f2f as they needed more infomation from me to date im still waitng due to the pandemic...few months ago i had a change in circumstance that ive declared as i now ae sciatica,been getting fit notes...i was told to email the assesment people with my new change on top of exusting one...what is the process from here,,,can they make a decision from the new health condition or will i still have too wait for a f2f unsure.thanks

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    jojo7777 said:
    ,,,can they make a decision from the new health condition or will i still have too wait for a f2f unsure.thanks
    That will be for them to decide.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jojo7777
    so there is a chance that they can make a decision based on the new health condition i emailed in with out me having to go for a f2f,ecause of the pandemic dont know how long that i would have to wait for a f2f 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    nobody knows when f2f assessments will start again, if I had to guess i would say early summer, but there will doubtless be a backlog
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• jojo7777
    thanks,yes i can imagine,,,but just wanted to no if there was a chance that they could make a decission with my new health condition without me going for a f2f,,,whats the process does anyone know plz
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi reporting a new health condition normally starts the whole process off again with new forms and assessment 

I doubt reporting change will  influence original need for f2f as it was that original health issue they need f2f for not new one 

However if you put everything in new form about all your conditions then they will assess everything 
  • jojo7777
    was i sopposed to get new form for new health condition as i wasnt told this
  • janer1967
    It is my understanding if you report a new condition you start the process again bit I may be wrong 

Speak to your work coach 

Did you report it on your journal or just on the email 
  • jojo7777
    i reported change of health condition in journal and also emailed the wca  assessment with new health condition
  • janer1967
    It is your work coach that refers you for the WCA process so imas suggested you need to speak to them 
  • jojo7777

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.