ESA assessment phone call never received!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA assessment phone call never received!!

Charlieniblett
Charlieniblett Community member Posts: 54 Connected
Hi there, I’m new to this forum, but have read a lot of advice. My partner was due an esa phone assessment between 11:15-12:15 this morning, but they never rang. I called the office and all they said is they would email the assessor and get them to call back!! What do I do now? My partner has serious anxiety and all this waiting has caused him major stress!!

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    There could be a variety of reasons why this could of happened from the assessor becoming unwell, to other appointments over running in time. 

Unfortunately, all you can do is wait for another assessment appointment to come through. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi welcome to the community 

As above not much you can do other than wait you have done all you can by ringing them to tell them it didnt take place 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    It could be the assessor was snowed in?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hello @Charlieniblett. Have you heard any more from them? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Charlieniblett
    Charlieniblett Community member Posts: 54 Connected
    Hi Adrian, sorry for the delay, they eventually rang at 2:30, just got off the phone, so it was about 45 mins long. The assessor was a physio, so she mostly concentrated on my partners physical issues (he has MS), but she was talking what she was typing out, and I recorded the conversation, so I’m hoping based on what she was saying that he’ll get put in the support group. Apparently they were having technical issues this morning and that’s why she was so late calling.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    I'm glad the assessment still went ahead yesterday @Charlieniblett, although I understand it must have been frustrating to wait so long.
    Fingers crossed for the outcome. If you wait around a week, you can call the DWP and request a copy of the assessment report which will give some indication as to what has been recommended.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    I am really worried when my assessment comes through. I don't answer my phone due to fear and could not maintain a phone call and unable to focus due to anxiety and confusion,
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    @charlie79 the thought of an assessment worries most people, however many find it easier to have a telephone assessment as opposed to a face 2 face one, you should get prior notification and hopefully you could arrange for someone to sit with you?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.