Am I entitled to winter fuel payment or anything else — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I entitled to winter fuel payment or anything else

Options
pumpjack
pumpjack Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi
I am in receipt of ESA also Pip middle mobility rate and severe disability allowance or premium
can I ask what I'm entitled to I here I am entitled to apply for winter fuel payment cold weather payment etc I live in Northern Ireland
p.s. could someone apply for carer's allowance for me?
Thank you so much in advance

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I can't answer the question about winter fuel payments or cold weather payments in NI.

The conditions for getting the Severe Disability premium in your ESA are that you get Daily Living PIP, live alone (or only with other adults who also get a disability benefit) and nobody gets Carer's Allowance (or the carer element of UC) for looking after you. So somebody could apply for CA (or the carer element of UC) if they look after you for 35 hours/week or more but if they did you would lose your SDP and you probably don't want this to happen.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    To receive cold weather payment is Northern Ireland, you need to meet the following eligibility in relation to ESA:

"Income-related Employment and Support Allowance

You will usually receive Cold Weather Payments if you get income-related Employment and Support Allowance and are in the support or work-related activity group, or you have any of the following:

• a severe or enhanced disability premium
    • a pensioner premium
    • a child who is disabled
    • Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
    • a child under five living with you"
    They are paid automatically if your postcode area is triggered for a payment.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/cold-weather-payment

In terms of winter fuel payment, you also need to meet eligibility, you will need to check this out:

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/winter-fuel-payment

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.