What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Am I entitled to winter fuel payment or anything else

I am in receipt of ESA also Pip middle mobility rate and severe disability allowance or premium
can I ask what I'm entitled to I here I am entitled to apply for winter fuel payment cold weather payment etc I live in Northern Ireland
p.s. could someone apply for carer's allowance for me?
Thank you so much in advance


  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,235 Pioneering
    edited February 11
    I can't answer the question about winter fuel payments or cold weather payments in NI.

    The conditions for getting the Severe Disability premium in your ESA are that you get Daily Living PIP, live alone (or only with other adults who also get a disability benefit) and nobody gets Carer's Allowance (or the carer element of UC) for looking after you. So somebody could apply for CA (or the carer element of UC) if they look after you for 35 hours/week or more but if they did you would lose your SDP and you probably don't want this to happen.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 1,302 Pioneering
    To receive cold weather payment is Northern Ireland, you need to meet the following eligibility in relation to ESA:

    "Income-related Employment and Support Allowance

    You will usually receive Cold Weather Payments if you get income-related Employment and Support Allowance and are in the support or work-related activity group, or you have any of the following:

    • a severe or enhanced disability premium
    • a pensioner premium
    • a child who is disabled
    • Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
    • a child under five living with you"
    They are paid automatically if your postcode area is triggered for a payment.


    In terms of winter fuel payment, you also need to meet eligibility, you will need to check this out:

Sign in or join us to comment.