Can you send private messages to the Scope team? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you send private messages to the Scope team?

MarkM88
MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
If so, how? 

Or is it just the email address I have to use? 

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes you can.
    under your name at the top right hand side of the page there are four icons, click on the second one in from the left, that’s the pm button, click on new message etc.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• MarkM88
    Yeah I tried, then when I type in the name I want it doesn’t locate that person. 
  • leeCal
    I’ve found the same thing, I kept trying repeatedly. If I remember rightly you don’t use the @ sign before the name, good luck.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• MarkM88
    Yeah, I haven’t used the @ sign either. 

I was trying to message Tori, maybe could you send me a private message please, Tori?
  • Jamesd49
    Jamesd49 Posts: 132 Connected
    edited February 2021
    I was trying to figure out the same, as I tagged @Adrian_Scope and @Ross_Scope in my thread but they never replied. 
  • leeCal
    In this edit box you need to use the @ sign before a name, but in the private message box you don’t use the @sign before a name. Quirky but true.

it takes several attempts, writing and deleting and writing again, no idea why.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• MarkM88
    Jamesd49 said:
    I was trying to figure out the same, as I tagged @Adrian_Scope and @Ross_Scope in my thread but they never replied. 
    Did you have a think about how you would best tackle the issue you were having? 
  • MarkM88
    leeCal said:
    In this edit box you need to use the @ sign before a name, but in the private message box you don’t use the @sign before a name. Quirky but true.

it takes several attempts, writing and deleting and writing again, no idea why.
    Tried loads. I’ve gave up haha. 
  • Jamesd49
    MarkN88 said:
    Jamesd49 said:
    No idea, the council obviously don't care about people and it's causing me stress trying to get the support which will help me 
  • MarkM88
    Jamesd49 said:
    MarkN88 said:
    Jamesd49 said:
    No idea, the council obviously don't care about people and it's causing me stress trying to get the support which will help me 
    Have you accessed the complaints procedure on your councils website? You need to get a letter together with your complaint and get that sent off, then give them a reasonable amount of time to respond. They cant refuse to allow you to complain. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    After you press new message you have to use the @ and then the name to add them to private message  when you start to message you don't need the @ 
    Hope that helps 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry I didn't catch this earlier @MarkN88. I'm not sure why the direct message function isn't working for you. I've made a note of this so we can look into it. 

It is usually better for us if you email the community@scope.org.uk inbox, however. We all work varying hours on different days, but we do all have access to the community email inbox and get to the emails as soon as we can. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • MarkM88
    After you press new message you have to use the @ and then the name to add them to private message  when you start to message you don't need the @ 
    Hope that helps 
    Nah, still not working Lisa. 

Sorry I didn't catch this earlier @MarkN88. I'm not sure why the direct message function isn't working for you. I've made a note of this so we can look into it. 

It is usually better for us if you email the community@scope.org.uk inbox, however. We all work varying hours on different days, but we do all have access to the community email inbox and get to the emails as soon as we can. 
    I will use the email address moving forward. 
  • Jamesd49

Can you review my thread about adult social care? As I made some suggestions for @Ross_Scope but never heard anymore 
  • Jamesd49
    MarkN88 said:
    Jamesd49 said:
    MarkN88 said:
    Jamesd49 said:
    Have you accessed the complaints procedure on your councils website? You need to get a letter together with your complaint and get that sent off, then give them a reasonable amount of time to respond. They cant refuse to allow you to complain. 
    @MarkN88 I will try, I just hate dealing with the council as they simple don't care or want to follow the social care act 
  • MarkM88
    Jamesd49 said:
    MarkN88 said:
    Jamesd49 said:
    MarkN88 said:
    Jamesd49 said:
    @MarkN88 I will try, I just hate dealing with the council as they simple don't care or want to follow the social care act 
    The thing you need to remember though, to get to the ombudsman you need to go through the councils procedure first. I would engage with it now so you can try and get the positive out one you want. 
  • Jamesd49
    MarkN88 said:
    Jamesd49 said:
    MarkN88 said:
    Jamesd49 said:
    MarkN88 said:
    Jamesd49 said:
    The thing you need to remember though, to get to the ombudsman you need to go through the councils procedure first. I would engage with it now so you can try and get the positive out one you want. 
    Thanks I will try it. 

Brightness