Rejected by WH Smith's! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rejected by WH Smith's!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Also, my reasons for wanting to work are for something to keep me occupied and also a bit of extra spending money wouldn't go amiss.

• [Deleted User]
    @MarkN88 I follow advice but I have always disclosed my disability  in my cover letter though on my cv 

I have worked most of my life only been out of work since last march 

I am facing a new challenge  of changing jobs at the age of 58 ? lol but been pleasantly surprised  as I have been shorted listed for 4 jobs today and three interested and need to fill in additional  information do fingers crossed ?lol 

@MrAllen1976 are you looking for work to earn extra money or because you want something to do,?

Also we're you hsveing care when you were doing voluntary work? If so how did you work around it then and if you worked  would  you need the carers all day?  You don't have to answer  I am just trying to help with solutions for you ?
    Pre lockdown I used to work around the carers, like they came for the afternoon shift at 2 PM, I'd work 10 while 2 and they'd meet me at work and then we'd go off and do whatever.

Hopefully post lockdown I'll be able to go back to doing that.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @MrAllen1976 may be voluntary work will be more  suitable  for you as you can choose the hours you want to work 

I don't know how it works in England  but if we do voluntary work in Wales  we get extra money to cover traveling costs clothing and shoes and if we need to buy food or drink anything that  causes extra costs ?
  • Richard09
    Richard09 Scope Member Posts: 25 Connected
    I look work 
    Hi there Richard 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Richard09 what sort of work are you looking for are you getting help 
  • [Deleted User]
    @MrAllen1976 may be voluntary work will be more  suitable  for you as you can choose the hours you want to work 

I don't know how it works in England  but if we do voluntary work in Wales  we get extra money to cover traveling costs clothing and shoes and if we need to buy food or drink anything that  causes extra costs ?
    Oh yeah, up here in Sheffield I've been doing voluntary work for years dating as far back as when I worked on placement from College in a Supermarket in Grimsby from November 1994 to end of March 1995.

Plus I've done other stuff since then including working in nearly all the Charity shops in Hillsborough, and also the PDSA in Broomhill, both of the Oxfam shops in Town, and the one opposite the Hallamshire Hospital.

I've also done voluntary data entry for the local General Cemetery, and admin for a now defunct local Charity in Stannington.

I've also been a presenter and co presenter on local Hospital Radio.

Brightness