Working from Home in Sheffield? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working from Home in Sheffield?

Options
Above.

It's come to my attention that due to discrimination issues I can't get a job working for a company at their own premises, so I'm considering doing something like data entry remotely from Home.

Would anyone know of a local company to Sheffield, England that would offer such a thing for not bad money part time? I can realistically do about 16-20 hours a week and have typing qualifications and can type 59.5 wpm accurately without typos, literally half a word per minute too slow for the Agencies, I probably could do the 60 but it'd be with typos.

So anyway can anyone help?

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    You really do need to be very careful using the word discrimination, when you have no proof of this. 

In relation to the question, have a look at this - https://skintdad.co.uk/genuine-work-from-home-jobs-uk/
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have to agree with @MarkN88 continued use of the "discrimination" without real evidence should be avoided, from what I have read of all you applications you have yet to get an interview, so i'm sure you know what we mean.
    As for working from home you have been told a number of times that this might be the answer, but the usual caveats apply never pay anyone for the promise of home work.
    All that said as ever good luck in your endeavours.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @MrAllen1976 I have an interview  next week  ? hope you get an interview soon  I applied for the job yesterday .

This morning I had two assessments  to do on line  and I had a phone interview at 12.30pm .

I am haveing a covid 19  safe interview  if I pass thst interview I start at the end of February 

I think if you look for online jobs that can be done from home you might be better off you seem to know your way around a computer  be prepared for assessments to be done after you apply ?good luck 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    @MrAllen1976 I have an interview  next week  ? hope you get an interview soon  I applied for the job yesterday .

This morning I had two assessments  to do on line  and I had a phone interview at 12.30pm .

I am haveing a covid 19  safe interview  if I pass thst interview I start at the end of February 

I think if you look for online jobs that can be done from home you might be better off you seem to know your way around a computer  be prepared for assessments to be done after you apply ?good luck 
    Congratulations, what's the job?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lisathomas50 that's good news fingers crossed for you 

Brightness