Employment and careers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Working from Home in Sheffield?

Above.

It's come to my attention that due to discrimination issues I can't get a job working for a company at their own premises, so I'm considering doing something like data entry remotely from Home.

Would anyone know of a local company to Sheffield, England that would offer such a thing for not bad money part time? I can realistically do about 16-20 hours a week and have typing qualifications and can type 59.5 wpm accurately without typos, literally half a word per minute too slow for the Agencies, I probably could do the 60 but it'd be with typos.

So anyway can anyone help?

Replies

• MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 1,242 Pioneering
    You really do need to be very careful using the word discrimination, when you have no proof of this. 

In relation to the question, have a look at this - https://skintdad.co.uk/genuine-work-from-home-jobs-uk/
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,416 Disability Gamechanger
    Have to agree with @MarkN88 continued use of the "discrimination" without real evidence should be avoided, from what I have read of all you applications you have yet to get an interview, so i'm sure you know what we mean.
    As for working from home you have been told a number of times that this might be the answer, but the usual caveats apply never pay anyone for the promise of home work.
    All that said as ever good luck in your endeavours.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Posts: 4,322 Disability Gamechanger
    @MrAllen1976 I have an interview  next week  😬 hope you get an interview soon  I applied for the job yesterday .

This morning I had two assessments  to do on line  and I had a phone interview at 12.30pm .

I am haveing a covid 19  safe interview  if I pass thst interview I start at the end of February 

I think if you look for online jobs that can be done from home you might be better off you seem to know your way around a computer  be prepared for assessments to be done after you apply 😉good luck 
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 1,242 Pioneering
    @MrAllen1976 I have an interview  next week  😬 hope you get an interview soon  I applied for the job yesterday .

This morning I had two assessments  to do on line  and I had a phone interview at 12.30pm .

I am haveing a covid 19  safe interview  if I pass thst interview I start at the end of February 

I think if you look for online jobs that can be done from home you might be better off you seem to know your way around a computer  be prepared for assessments to be done after you apply 😉good luck 
    Congratulations, what's the job?
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,108 Disability Gamechanger
    @lisathomas50 that's good news fingers crossed for you 
Sign in or join us to comment.