Online learning — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Online learning

coylygirl
coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
There are so many free courses out there covering a wide range of subjects.  In lockdown I have completed Level 2 in Advice and Guidance and Mental Health Awareness.  My next plan, when I am well is a maths course to brush up on my rusty skills.  Most courses are free and there are loads of organisations out there.  I used the Skills Nework, but as I say there are many more,  Gives a focus in lockdown.  

So come on, learn a new skill.  You never know, you might enjoy it   :)

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I have done 2 diplomas criminology  and criminal psychology online and will be looking for something else once I'm not doing home schooling with my son 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Online learning is a really good tool. I’m studying A levels as I had to drop out of college - I’m doing economics at the moment and plan to do philosophy again next. 
  • coylygirl
    Wow, the criminology and criminology psychology sound fascinating janer1967.  Were these with a goal in mind of purely for interest.  I would like to study Forensic Linguistics but need to be well.  Well done on the A levels 66Mustang, I found my A levels really tough (tougher than the first year of uni) so keep plugging away.  Well done both  :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    No goal in mind just an interest of mine 

They did lots of forensic courses too I did them through elearn college . They weren't free but £39 each on special offer 
  • coylygirl
    I think it's always better to go for something that interests you.  My degree was in Linguistics and I loved it, no career in mind.  That doesn't sound too expensive and it it's something you love ....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Last year during the first lockdown I did 2 courses on ShawAcademy.com in digital photography and Scratch coding, I passed both courses and achieved Diplomas, however it was expensive at £50 a month after the 28 day free trial, and it took Dad and I several phone calls to cancel the payment each month after I'd completed both courses.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Paying monthly actually sounds like a good incentive to get on with it and complete it quickly! I had to pay for my A levels, all in one go, was quite a few hundred pounds (courtesy of a grandparent) and I get a whole 2 years to complete the course. I’m taking my time but if I was paying by the month I’d probably do it quicker haha.

Brightness