Hi, I'm HippyRick! My partner's child is in care due to her being disabled, can anyone help? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm HippyRick! My partner's child is in care due to her being disabled, can anyone help?

2»

Comments

• HippyRick
    HippyRick Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    edited February 2021
    Hi, I’m @Jackis partner. I have been Police checked, nothing to hide. I’m going through parenting classes with <moderator removed personal details> and independent checking by the child’s Social Worker. I have three very well adjusted adult children, I am older than <moderator removed personal details>. I brought up a young boy with learning difficulties as my own son until his mother left me. All I want to do is offer <moderator removed personal details> and her son a loving stable relationship in which he can thrive and I can be his positive male role model as his real Dad doesn’t want to know and thinks he can gallivant around the world without caring for his son. I love <moderator removed personal details>s very much and we are engaged. I haven’t met her son yet by  love him very much too. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Jackis it's hard to advice on a forum  when you don't know everything 

I am an independent advocate that helps people in your situation 

From what you have said you have done most of what I have said for you to do  if your partner  completes  his parenting assrnent and passes that will be good 

I cant comment on what you said about the carer  you also need to try and not mention any names  as you are legally bound not to make any case public as your son is in Foster care 

Again all I can say is you need to get in touch with the people I mentioned above that are independent to social services that are there to help and advise you 

From one of the messages I think your partner wrote he doesn't think that the Gaurdian ad litum is in your favour  if thsts the case you have a uphill struggle as the judge will listen to them not very often they go against their recommendations 

I know you don't want to think about this but you need to get in place long term fostering with ongoing contact from what you said earlier it looks like that is what social services are suggesting 

If you get that in place with social services  they will discuss that as another option with the guardian  ad litum 

Has the guardian ad litum done her report yet  ??

• Lisatho11987777
    @Jackis once you get the Gaurdian  ad litum report you will know then what you are up against children and family court cases normaly have to be completed within 12months but hopefuly you have longer because of the pandemic 

How often is your contact with your son ??  Does your partner attend ??
  • Jackis
    Jackis Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    edited February 2021
    I might try the human rights people.  Alot of single mums get new partners I'm not any different.. I want the best for my son. And <moderator removed personal details> is the kind of man I want as role model. My soliceter says his a good thing being an ex policeman.  A good role model. 

The guardian ad literacy is two minded on minute my son talks warmly about me and his sister not his dad though. And the next were not good enough. If she was truly listening to my son she would listen to the reports of him getting stressed when he has to leave me screaming for me.

My son is not a happy little man and its thanks to the system.

Theirs good and bad in everyone I just happen to have had a bad social worker who llies and twists everything you say.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @HippyRick that's fab  as I said to your partner this is where its hard trying to advise on a forum when I don't have all the information 

This is where the problem lies then you haven't met her son so he has been in Foster care a whilst then they will use time frame against you 

As her son hasn't met you thete is no relationship between you  so you would need time to build up a relationship with him which could take time which is why I suggested  joint parental responsibility  with social services so that your partners son can come home it will be reviewed I think its every three months  social services will do home visits and I expect your partner will still need carers  that will give you both the best possible chance if you can get that in place 

This means though if you can get that put in place if anything goes wrong social services will be able to remove your partners son 

As I have already said you need somebody independent to help you where you live someone that you can tell everything to  if you read all my messages I have given advice on who to contact 

As I said to your partner when you get the gaurdian ad litum report you will know exactly where you Stand 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Jackis from what you have said I can understand everything your saying and it is realy hard and frustrating for you and I fully understand 

Its a very difficult situation  I get what your saying about other women have new partners but they are not in your situation 

The gaurdian ad litum thinks outside the box so she sees everything that could go wrong  your son hasn't met your partner  so that will take time to build up a relationship  thst are the lines the gaurdian  ad litum is going along 

The guardian has to weigh up the pros and cons of your son  comeing home to you they only have your son on their mind  which makes things harder because they hold your sons future in their hands  which is why I have given you other alternatives to put to social services  I hope that you  get your son home 
  • Jackis
    Jackis Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    If that the case I think we might not get him back I have the feeling she does not like us very much. And she is definitely not listening to my son

• Lisatho11987777
    @Jackis that's why I have suggested to to try and get shared parental responsibility with social services which allows your son to come home 

I would hope that you could get your son home  but it is going to be a hard uphill struggle 

Do you have a good relationship with social services  and to be fair no one knows what the gaurdian ad litum is thinking I have been helping in a case where there was no way the guardian was going to let the child go home day two of the case they changed their mind 

Just do everything they want you to do  and do everything you can to try and get your son home 
  • Kitty1
    Kitty1 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    I know that this thread is a few months old but Coram Children’s legal centre offers free advice in this situation. 

Brightness