DWP evidence - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP evidence

Comments

• jaknit
    jaknit Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    I had to nudge DWP twice to get my copy of bundle. dwp had gone back to ATOSand had a new 1 page report from a different assessor to try to bolster their evidence, there justifications were more detailed than previously. I notified the tribunal that 2 months after due date I had not received bundle. 1 pester DWP for bundle, 2 make tribunal aware you haven't recieved bundle yet it helps if you need to submit late evidence due to something in bundle. Take heart, i went from zero points with ATOS and DWP to tribunal award of 26 points.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    jaknit said:
    I had to nudge DWP twice to get my copy of bundle. dwp had gone back to ATOSand had a new 1 page report from a different assessor to try to bolster their evidence, there justifications were more detailed than previously. I notified the tribunal that 2 months after due date I had not received bundle. 1 pester DWP for bundle, 2 make tribunal aware you haven't recieved bundle yet it helps if you need to submit late evidence due to something in bundle. Take heart, i went from zero points with ATOS and DWP to tribunal award of 26 points.

Hi,

I'm assuming by this advice that you didn't read the whole thread. There's been an award by DWP before the hearing has taken place of Enhanced for both parts.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • griff11
    griff11 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
    You could wait for the letter rather than ring them because it may take a while to get through. You don't write to DWP to refuse the award because you've already accepted it. You request the Tribunal in exactly the same way you did the first time but the waiting time starts from the begining again. You need to make it clear that it's the length of time you're appealing.
    So I rang!  Got through reasonably quickly but didn't have very helpful person.  First he said he couldn't speak to me as I'd been removed as nominee!! When I queried why as they rang me yesterday, not my daughter then, he asked why couldn't he speak to my daughter, was she not capable of handling her own financial affairs etc.  I just repeated I was spoken to yearday so he went through to appeals.  He came back saying the reason she hasn't had money yet was because it needed approval.  I hadn't asked about money, I asked for period of award.  I again asked how long the award was for and he said payment to Feb 2022.  That seems an odd period if she started claim in Nov 2019.  That's all he would tell me so I guess wait for letter then appeal duration.

Any reason why I'm suddenly not nominee.  Was I only nominee for duration of appeal?
  • jaknit
    jaknit Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    i do have sight impairment i stoppedusing facebook because ot long threads looks like problem here as well sorry if i caused you distress
  • griff11
    jaknit said:
    i do have sight impairment i stoppedusing facebook because ot long threads looks like problem here as well sorry if i caused you distress
    @jaknit it's not a problem and caused no distress at all.  We've all done at some time.  
  • griff11
    Letter arrived today and award for Nov 19 to Feb 22.  It says they have changed original decision and appeal will not continue .  Then letter says you can appeal and I have 1 month to do so and I must send a copy of this letter with it.   It says to download forms so I'm assuming I cannot appeal online and upload information like last time?

Also my daughter is hoping for move in with her partner in next few months , this is clearly a change of circumstances if which she would notify of change of address .  Question is will this complicate appeal ? Last time she left home was to go travelling for 3 months with a friend - disaster and due to time difference she rang me most nights at 3am here crying and so bad I begged her to get flight home big dream couldn't fly alone.  Prior to this it was moving away to uni which is when she really went down hill.  She's older now and her partner is amazing but I know there will be issues and panicked calls to help her.  Sorry rambling as I get anxious when I anticipate the impact the change will have on her .  Short question is how will moving out - hopefully Nov impact any appeal and is it mentioned.  So I simply say appealing duration and do I give reasons for duration only or re submit all previous evidence to show how's she's been impacted since age 18 (now 25)?  Sorry for all questions .  
  • griff11
    Oh forgot to say letter said paid today but no money in bank 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @griff11, have you received the money this morning?
    Scope

• griff11
    Hi @griff11, have you received the money this morning?
    Yes it came through late on Saturday!  Seemed a funny time to me but my daughter has an online bank, not one of the High Street banks so maybe there are extra checks because of that.  I was 99.9% positive we had given the correct bank details as I used to work in finance so double check.  Then I thought they had missed key a digit but now banks tie up names with account numbers that should have been picked up as daughter has 2 middle names so the 4 name combo would mean more chance of wining lottery.
  • freeworld
    freeworld Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    I love the way many forums have grave concerns of conditions that are being ignored by HCP and DWP. Eg 'can't bare to go out of the house and had a breakdown and turned back around' ...... All of a sudden the claim has been approved then there's moves in with boyfriends swanning off on trips for three months. 

Sorry but in some I just feel there is blatant exaggeration, pre approval, which is patently obvious by post claim approval comments. 

Funny old world......
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @freeworld I think we have to heed caution here and remember that forums represent a mere snapshot of someone's life, with words on a screen that can easily be misconstrued.  It can be easy to jump to an inaccurate conclusion without knowing an other's reality so it's always best to be kind.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • griff11
    freeworld said:
    I love the way many forums have grave concerns of conditions that are being ignored by HCP and DWP. Eg 'can't bare to go out of the house and had a breakdown and turned back around' ...... All of a sudden the claim has been approved then there's moves in with boyfriends swanning off on trips for three months. 

Sorry but in some I just feel there is blatant exaggeration, pre approval, which is patently obvious by post claim approval comments. 

Funny old world......
    So we are 6 months on.  My daughter has not moved out yet.  Her partner moved in with us instead.     This pandemic has been so hard on her.  One of her main issues is contamination, her germs being spread to other people but with the constant adverts of wash hands, wear a mask etc she's barely left the house.  She's spent years working on not over washing hands but now government telling everyone to wash constantly.   2 weeks ago on a good day she booked a slot to shop in person at M&S.  She hasn't been shopping in a store since lockdown.   The appointment was for 2 days later and she asked me to drive her as too nervous.  Then we parked and she said she couldn't go in alone.  The store has 1 person: 1 trolley rule if possible but I said I would ask if I could accompany her which was allowed.  

Somethings other things have got worse.  Use of toilet.  Even at home she won't go from 7.30am before she showers till 9pm when she goes to bed.  If she does desperately have to go before then she'll shower, wash her hair etc.  She'll only sit on one chair with a blanket on and no one must touch it.   She goes weeks on end not able to leave house.  

Still no counselling yet due to lockdown.  She joined gym but only made 2 visits during lockdowns but 2 was a positive. 

Re travelling.  She went away for 3 months in 2016 after uni.   Long before she ever claimed PIP and as I said a disaster.  

She's had her work contract  extended 12 months - working from home full time.  Her employer aware of her condition and understanding/supportive so when she says she's having/had panic attack and needs to nap (panic attacks exhaust her ) the let her work flexibly to cover her hours/work.  

Her aim is still to move out and live with her partner but she'll still need support which isn't just practical like cleaning, laundry, shopping, cooking etc.  But being there when she's panicking, stressed angry because she can't do these things herself.  

.  She had hoped 2020 would be a good year.  It started with residential visit to OCD centre which cost me £3k,  This was to be followed up with regular counselling sessions to continue working on her OCD. Then lockdown happened and online counselling didn't workout.  

These lockdowns are so hard for everyone but for someone with OCD the constant media focus on germ transmission is horrendous.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @griff11 sorry that your daughter is haveing a terrible time  and it is hard  I am not as bad as your daughter but I have had corona virus more than once and now I don't go out as much I sit on my bench out the front of my house or walk down the lane 

I do all my shopping on line now since I have been able to do shopping on my amazon app at morrisons 

I hope your daughter gets the help she needs soon  and ignore comments that can be upsetting  such as the one you added in your comment  

Take care ?
  • griff11
    @lisathomas50.  Glad you've recovered from COVID.  Scary time.  My hubby although under 60 has had his first jab as he was on shielding list.  My daughter and myself  group 6 due to underlying health conditions so a while for us.  

I think everyone struggling with on going lockdown and people have forgotten to be kind.  You only have to look on Facebook to the reactions to those who are anti jab/lockdown etc.  I try to be think kind thoughts of the nasty keyboard warriors that they are stressed, scared, brain washed by media etc. as while we might  of like someone's opinion, it is their opinion and they are entitled to it.  We've list so many freedoms lately let's not lose free speech.  

Interestingly my daughter and I watch 600lb life and she's like "why are they eating so much" - one was over 1000lb and I said "isn't it like your OCD ?  A compulsion that over rides a normal relationship to food ".   So even she as a MH sufferer initially judged another.   We watch that programme now with sympathy rather than a judgemental attitude.  

Keep up your short walks , fresh air is good for you.  We do so much online shopping in this house I'm on first name terms with many delivery drivers !  Last summer I put a box on my drive so they could get a cold drink as they were working flat out.  Sainsbury's man said I was only person who had ever offered him a drink !  

Stay safe and well xx
  • Lisatho11987777
    @griff11 you have a lovely outlook on life  even in these terrible times  I hope you get the help you need you sound like a lovely kind person and that's all people need sometimes is kindness ?

Hope to speak again 
  • griff11
    @griff11 you have a lovely outlook on life  even in these terrible times  I hope you get the help you need you sound like a lovely kind person and that's all people need sometimes is kindness ?

Hope to speak again 
    Thank you but I don't think my daughter best pleased with me this week.  The last week been really awful.  By Wednesday she was struggling to focus on her work and Thursday morning she just couldn't physically get out of bed.  She'd been awake all night worrying over the previous day stresses and I wasn't the most helpful as I too was exhausted by her behaviour and demands the previous few days .  I told her how her OCD was affecting me and it was relentless etc which I know sounds selfish but she needs to know it doesn't just affect her.  She took a day off work and meditated and focused on calming herself but it's bubbling away and I didn't talk to her about it as we both end up angry & stressed at times like this.  .  I've told her she's got to find some help despite this lockdown as no end in sight .  Group chats a big no as she's terrified to hear someone else's OCD in case she add their issue to her own. 
  • freeworld
    freeworld Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    I appreciate your feedback. I think some people just contradict themselves because they speak too much when it is not needed.

It was just an observation of mine that I pointed out.  There wasn't any intentions behind the content, a mere observation.

Peace

• Lisatho11987777
    @griff11 maybe  scope can help you with some advice  there is a phone number at the bottom of this page or you can email them 

There is only so much you can say on here but uou would be able to explain more to scope  OCD  is hard to cope with not only for the person who has it but also for the person who lives with them 

I would try scope and see what they say 

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    griff11 said:
    I've told her she's got to find some help despite this lockdown as no end in sight .  Group chats a big no as she's terrified to hear someone else's OCD in case she add their issue to her own. 
    Have you tried the OCDUK support line?  Can either phone or email them and they may be able to offer something one to one via webchat or phone?  You can do it for her if that's easier.

I'm still doing the group chats myself with mixed results. Must admit it hasn't really helped me in real life at all, but it has given me a better understanding and even realised how many things I thought were 'just me' other people with OCD also do.
  • griff11
    Thank you both.  She reached out to OCD uk before but didn't get a response for 3 weeks.  Demand is obviously very high.    I'll make contact again as something has to be done.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.