Woodbine - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Woodbine

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    And this is what happens when a perfectly normal discussion turns into people haveing a  go for no reason  
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cressida, I completely understand and please don’t take offence, I meant none whatsoever. I was simply posting one day and suddenly I received the title, in my case it is without any real foundation as I’d be very surprised if I’d actually helped anyone at all as yet. Perhaps tomorrow ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Cressida said:
    @lisathomas50 this thread was started as a support to Woodbine.  Your comment appears to be putting the boot in. Sometimes its better to say nothing if you don't agree. 
    The thread was also started in relation to moderation, so course it’s going to get discussed. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Cressida I am not putting the boot in I am putting things into perspective  that game changers aren't above anyone else 

In a message received from woodbine  he doesn't expect to be treated differently  but equally  I have alot of respect for woodbine and he feels very humble for all  of your support 

I am  just  haveing a discussion  and not haveing a dig or putting the boot in 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Cress there are new people comeing on here all the time  people I have made  friends with have gone or stopped posting  but that's life  
  • Lisatho11987777
    Scope  can you please take @woodbine off moderation  so thst he can post as normal on Tuesday 

At the moment woodbine is going through a rough time I think that not being able to post since yesterday  has been punishment enough 

If you can let @woodbine post as normal from Tuesday  as  this week is going to be a tough time for him and he needs his friends on here 

Myself and woodbine have had our ups and downs  but I still respect him  so I am asking that scope lift the moderation so that woodbine gets the support he needs  and is haveing investigations for cancer and needs that support  

Thank you ?
  • Lisatho11987777
    @poppy123456 you don't know me very well then 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Lisa, i would apppreciate it if you stopped tagging me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
  • Lisatho11987777
    Mike if woodbine had been suspended instead of moderated would that of made things any better? I am just asking the question 

On other sites yes people get suspended  but that is what is different about scope they try to treat us like adults and hope that when a polite warning is either posted on here or by email  that we take it on board 

Which ever way you look at it on this forum we all come under the same rules so anyone of us can be put under moderation 

From what I can gather I could be wrong its woodbines first time on moderation it has resly upset him and from what has been said a bit of shock

I have asked for woodbine to be taken off moderation due to him haveing news that he does need support for from friends  and the people on the forum  

It's not that I don't agree with moderation and if I was put on moderation I would accept it and move on from it  

If scope do remove woodbine from moderation  and woodbine  breached the rules after it was lifted then nothing could be said as woodbine knows what the consequences  are and knows what is expected  and hope that woodbine would accept that would happen 

The only reason this thread is happening is because woodbine chose to let people know through another person and also on private message and that is fine there is nothing wrong with that 

As long as its discussed in a fair manner and not as above in only a couple of posts mentioning other posters  and haveing a go becsuse they don't like what another poster had said 

What people need to decide in my opinion is do people want scope to take action when posters break the rules and conditions if they do then people have to face the consequences  
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited February 2021
    Following numerous reports this thread is now closed, pending review. 

A few quick notes:
    While I don't know the minutiae of why Woodbine is on moderation, even when I do, we will not be engaging in a public discussion regarding this as we've always had a policy of confidentiality. He is certainly not the only active member on moderation. However, I will try to reply to specific queries regarding the process or suggestions for improvement.

I'd also like to add, whatever the circumstances, circumventing moderation by creating additional accounts, or having friends post content on behalf of another member who is on moderation (however well-intentioned) is not acceptable.

The moderation process takes time and we aim to review and post messages within 24 hours. The post in question was initially posted outside of staff hours and is still sat in a queue waiting to be reviewed.
    Scope like every organisation, is juggling furloughed staff, reduced hours, staff leave, holidays and illness and yesterday none of the team were available, although I did pop on briefly in my own time to check for safeguarding issues and approved a few simple posts from the moderation queue.

As a side note: I don't start until 9 and it appears I have a lot of catching up to do and am the only team member on shift until much later so it may take a little longer to review this thread than usual.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I am truly grateful to @poppy123456 for coming back to support me, words cannot explain how much I appreciate it.
    I would also like to thank other people who have emailed their support.
    John x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• woodbine
    I have written a reply to this thread which so far hasn't had approval?

• woodbine
    I keep trying to reply to these messages of support but they are getting past the moderators.

• woodbine
    I'm not sure the moderators will sanction this as they have already refused to publish some of the help I have given tonight. But I wonder do they realise just how utterly degrading it is to go to the trouble of writing out a reply only to see that it won't be published until "somebody" approves it? It makes me feel like a three year old.

I'm told my moderation will last until they think I am a fit and proper person to partake in the usual way, that makes me feel sick to my stomach, this whole thing is making me feel ill. All at a time when I have the threat of being told I have cancer dangling over my head.

I'm also threatened with being told I am to be chucked off scope, something that for me like many others has been a lifeline to me over the past year, and yet they think its there's to take from me.
    You might ask why? Well it's all because I dare from time to time call it as i see it, no mention of the hundreds of my post that have been flagged as "liked" or inspiring, that's all gone in the scope dustbin.

I hope who does hold this power over me has the bottle to "approve" this post and that the real powers that be read it and realise exactly what has been done to me here.

I hope I get the chance to be with you again, but if I don't then at least now you will know the reason, that being very simple some peoples mental welfare is thought to be more important to scope than mine.

good night
    John

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness