Hi, my name is mark5577! Looking for information over back payments on LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mark5577! Looking for information over back payments on LCWRA

Options
mark5577
mark5577 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I'm looking for information over back payments on LCWRA I have been awarded it and will receive my first payment on the 23 February they have put on my statements on my UC account that from 23 May I have been paid but have never received any of it I have worked out that is when my back payments start from so when will I actually receive my back payment would it be added to my payment that's due on the 23 February if not how do I go about getting it

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

You will get the back pay as seperated payment and will just go into your account 

The fact your statements have changed is a good sign 

You will probably find you get a letter in your journal but often you get thr money first just keep checking your bank 

If you dont get it soon give them a call 
  • mark5577
    Options
    Thanks for that hopefully it happens been over a year 
  • mark5577
    Options
    Have got advice over my payments and they are saying that if its shown as being paid that it could be seen as illegal as its stated that I have received something that I haven't it would be the same if your boss gave you a pay slip saying that's how much you got paid and you only received half of it 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @mark5577. As part of the process of calculating backdated money, they change statements to reflect what should have been received as they need to review each statement/assessment period that you are owed for. Have you spoken to UC to ask when you'll be paid the backdated amount?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.