Hi, I'm ladysusan25! I have lumbar, thoracic, and cervical stenosis. I'm struggling to stay positive — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm ladysusan25! I have lumbar, thoracic, and cervical stenosis. I'm struggling to stay positive

ladysusan25
ladysusan25 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have lumbar, thoracic and cervical stenosis and should have been operated on on 30th December 2020. Ian still waiting and can now only get around the house on crutches and outside in my mobility scooter.
I have numbness up to my waist and I just can't see any light at the end of the tunnel .

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry for your issues have you any idea when your surgery will take place 

I think lots of people are awaiting surgery me included for my eyes which I am now really struggling to see much 

I think we need to understand the pressure NHS are under not much help but they need to prioritise life threatening cases 

I hope you get sorted soon
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @ladysusan25 :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I can imagine it must be difficult to stay positive when you're not sure on when you might be able to get your operation. 

Have you spoken to your doctor about when you might be able to get your surgery? As Janer1967, many people's operations have been delayed unfortunately. They might be able to give you an update, or help you with pain management and mobility in the meantime.

Are you struggling with your mental health at the moment? I'm concerned by your mention of not being able to see a light at the end of the tunnel. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • ladysusan25
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I am having what I call a "black cloud day" so, not really struggling with my mental health, just feeling a bit disillusioned.
    My GP is not very helpful or reachable..... Over 100 calls this morning with either ring outs or busy. 
    I have contacted PALS, maybe they'll get me some answers.
  • Tori_Scope
    I like the phrase 'black cloud day' @ladysusan25. I'm glad to hear you're not feeling too bad today.

Goodness! 100 calls is a lot. I'm glad to hear you've contacted PALS. Are you able to transfer to a different GP surgery? 

• ladysusan25
    Hi Tori, we live in a small town in the wilds of the Kent coast and the other GPs are in other towns. I have tried to sign with the one with the best rep, but we're out of their area. This may change as our gps may be closing soon.
    I'll keep soldiering on and hoping I can get it all sorted before the damage is permanent.
  • Tori_Scope
    Ah I see @ladysusan25. Have you also been in touch with your local Healthwatch? You might be able to get some additional information from them. 

I also hope that you can get this sorted sooner rather than later, and please do keep us updated! 

• ladysusan25
    I am happy to say that my neurosurgeon called me today. He is trying to get me a bed asap. If he is unable to do this, I have been advised to go to A & E this week.
    Thanks for your support. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Fantastic, thanks for letting us know @ladysusan25 :) What a relief!

Brightness